35

"Where am I?"

"Mom? Sophía?"

"What is this place?"

"Am I in the future?"

Because of the dust, I cautiously rose and rubbed my clothes. I examined the device, which, much to my astonishment, turned to ashes when I touched it. 

My pupils dilated. "Did I simply went in time?" I was taken aback and thought to myself.

"You are correct, you are in the future, Yhena," my eyes widened in surprise as I heard a voice behind me and turned around. I just observed a woman in a white hooded outfit with a cloak walking down a holographic stairs. She is glitching while clutching a staff.

"Who are you?" I inquired since I was surprised to see her, she seemed to be a hologram.

"You've asked who I am?" As she pointed to herself, she said. "My name is Louiselle, and I came out of Adam's time machine," she added, and I still can't believe what I've just heard. I'm not sure what she's referring to. She came out of the time machine Adam was working on years ago, which I discovered earlier in the basement? So it was Adam's contraption I saw earlier, no wonder it is familiar to me.

"I am, in fact. I've been waiting for you, Yhena, for years, and it's great that you've finally found me," she stated.

"Are you able to read my mind?" I was both fascinated and surprised when I asked her.

She simply closed her eyes and stared at me.

"Why are you waiting for me? And how come you have the ability to read my thoughts?" I inquired, perplexed by what she was saying.

"It's a long story Yhena, I observed your and Adam's love story because, after all, I am the equipment he is repairing. I am the spirit of the time machine he built, and when I was finally freed, the device turned to dust," she stated as she closed her eyes and took a big breath while gazing at the sky. It's no surprise that when I touched the device, it turned to dust. If she has the ability to read my thoughts, then...

When she abruptly said, I stared at her. "Do you want to see Adam?"

I was taken aback by what she said, and I instantly approached her. "Do you have any idea where he is?" I questioned her, tears welling up in my eyes since I had been waiting years to see him.

"Yes," she replied, her gaze fixed on me. I was going to take her hand in mine when my hands unexpectedly passed by hers. Her body is glitching as if she's a hologram or something.

She laughed as she observed my surprised expression. "You can't touch me, Yhena," she explained. "Remember, I'm just a spirit. I am free because of you, and you know why I am free?" She pressed her face towards mine.

"Why?" I inquired, looking her in the eyes and receiving a warm smile in return.

"Because I have a mission," she explained, "and that goal is for you and Adam to meet."

It felt as though I had burst into tears as a result of what she had said. Because I am only wearing underwear, the wind became stronger. I quickly held my dress in place.

"Oh my gosh!"

The strong wind had passed, and I sighed. Adam, Jia, and Visdan are correct. Louiselle and I walked along a street. The technology is fairly advanced in this area. I've never seen robots carrying grocery bags before. There are also holographic roads. Their are flying cars or hovercars. Massive structures and Adam is correct. This year, there are no trees. I saw kids on flying skateboards, some with rockets strapped to their backs, and other futuristic gear.