Accidentally - Yoshikage Kira x Reader

I'm not very good at writing the main villains, so I apologize if he's a little out of character!
This was requested by Real_Yoshikage_Kira
Small TW: mentions of picking skin
———————————————————————
Kira stood over the counter, aimlessly picking at the bandages you had stuck onto the base of his hand this morning. Ever since the two of you started going out, he had stopped killing women for their hands, although his murderous urges remained. It had gotten to the point where he had clipped his nails far too short (though they grew back incredibly fast). No longer getting satisfaction from trimming his fingernails, he picked up a skin picking habit. That morning, you placed two bandaids on top of the spot he had picked at and placed a small kiss on top of them, followed by his cheek.

His daze was broken when he heard the front door open. He hurried to help you unload groceries from your car, but was surprised to move the door and be met with a cardboard box instead of his significant other.

"Watch out!," you called from behind the box. Yoshikage pressed his back to the wall before slipping out to carry in the rest. When he returned, he found you huddled over the box, fussing with blankets and cooing the way one would to a baby.

"Dear...what is that?"

"Shh! Just cmere!"

Yoshikage carefully peeked into the box, to be met with four scruffy kittens peering back at him. He blinked rapidly for a moment before looking back at you.

"Why? Where? WHY?," he asked in rapid succession.

"I couldn't just leave them! There's a lot of sick people out there, who knows what might've happened to them!"

"Do you really think we can take care of them right now?"

"We'll just foster them! Please, just let me nurse them back to health, then we'll find them good homes. Pleaaase please please-,"

"Fine, fine!"

ThankYouThankYouThankYouThankYou," you managed to breathe out between the small kisses you peppered across his face.
—————————
It had been a few weeks since that shopping trip and the kittens had been getting stronger everyday. You were certainly more involved with them, but Yoshikage would help you out sometimes. You didn't know why, but for whatever reason the kittens loved him. Sure, he'd play with them and scratch their ears if they were to brush his leg, he tried to keep his distance.

He was trying not to get attached to them. He knew how hard it would be for you to give them up and wanted to be able to comfort you when the time came. However-

The smallest of the kittens had managed to leave a soft spot in Yoshikage's heart. Of all the kittens, this was the one that he was the most concerned about. In fact, you had caught him napping with the tiny kitten sleeping on his chest.
————————
Eight weeks passed by quickly, and soon people expressed interest in adopting the kittens. You decided to hold interviews to ensure the kittens went to good homes.

You said your goodbyes to the kittens over the next two weeks, each one leaving you gloomy. Surprisingly, you couldn't seem to find a home for the littlest kitten.

You begged Yoshikage to keep him. And begged. And begged. And begged. Eventually he caved, and that's how you accidentally adopted your first pet together.