12

*Kirah's POV*

~~~ Present day, Junior Year, September 27, 2020 ~~~

"What the fuck!" Benjamin screams as he was losing his mind.

"I lost him-" Zach pants and runs back to us.

"Is that?" I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Yes." Alicia breaks her silence.

"We have to call the police," Ben says. I could not believe my eyes. I was absolutely dumbfounded. Ben began pacing around nervously. Alicia looked like she was going to pull her hair out.

"Well, we can't reach anyone, I already tried. There's just no signal." Zach responds.

"What do we do?" I begin to freak out too.

"Let's just, go," I respond.

"What? And just leave him here?" Alicia cries out. She gets on her knees to get a closer look at the body of her best friend. Her hands slowly reach out to his chest, as blood continues to spew out of one of two bullet holes. Alicia, sobbing profusely, attempts to apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. I kneel down to her level.

"Alicia, look at me." I take her hands and hold them tight.

"We- we can't. I can't." She bawls. Calvin's body overflows in blood. Zach and Ben look more stressed than ever. Suddenly, a flash of light is visible from far away.

"Go, go!" Zach and Ben grab me and Alicia as we run into school.

"Who was that?" I ask. We barge into the hallways and try to stay as quiet as possible.

"Didn't get a view. But they must've found Calvin's body by now. Shit, Alicia, you're covered in blood." Ben states.

"Here, take my jacket to cover it up." Zach takes his jacket off, it was really weird to see that again. Alicia reluctantly puts it on. We all tip-toe through school as the source of light stays outside. However, after a couple of seconds, it seemed as if the source of light had turned its attention to inside school.

"We gotta move!" Ben commands loudly and silently at the same time. We push the door open and another source of light appears. The door is barged open and I knock into Jared.

"What're you doing here?" Zach helps him up.

"What happened to your shirt? Is that blood?" Jared points out as he stands up, completely ignoring Zach's question. Then, in the night sky, a third flashlight appears.

"Shit, quick!" Alicia closes up Zach's jacket to conceal the bloodstains then grabs Zach's face and kisses him.

"What the hell is going on here?" The school's groundskeeper, Mr. Minerva, appears. Zach and Alicia's reunion kiss is halted.

"Oh, Mr. Minerva! Well, you see they're, um-" Ben attempts to save us.

"Drunk!" I interrupt.

"We were partying and Ben tried to send us home but his car got a flat tire. We are drunk. Ben is fine, completely sober, and legal." A smirk appears from ben's face, as Mr. Minerva's expression goes from furious to curious.

"Oh, well, my brother drives a tow truck, I'll just call him right now. Just give me a moment." He walks away and takes his phone out.

"What was that?" Ben's attention is turned to the former lovers, as he refers to the kiss.

"I don't know. A distraction?" Alicia says. Zach raises his left eyebrow.

"He's on his way. 15 minutes tops." Mr. Minerva shakes his hand around as an estimate.