Practicing & Reminiscing

Scarlet walks to the park with her guitar case in her hand. As she looks around at how beautiful Paris is, she thinks about what Fu said about her mother and she smiles to herself. She then thought about how Fu did everything for her.

(Flashback to when Scarlet was 4 years old.)

Scarlet cried her eyes out. Her teddy bear's arm was ripped. She showed it to Fu and he kneeled and stroked her head to calm her down. He grabs her teddy bear and goes to the table, gets sewing equipment, and sings a Chinese song while sewing her teddy's arm.
Scarlet sniffles and wonders what Fu is doing to her teddy bear. When he is finished he gives the teddy bear back to Scarlet. She gasps and smiles happily grabbing her teddy bear. "Your teddy bear has been cured," Fu said calmly. Scarlet looks at her Grandpa Fu happily and hugs him tightly. "Thank you, grandpa!" Scarlet thanked her sweetly while hugging Fu.

(Flashback to when Scarlet was 9 years old.)

Fu was teaching Scarlet to speak Chinese and Martial Arts. "Okay Scar, all you need to do is break this wood that I'm holding," She nodded and stood 5 meters away from him and prepared herself to get ready. She ran, did a front flip, and a tornado kicked on the wood but it didn't break and she fell on the mat.
"You need to empty your mind Scar, you need to be calm as the river flows," Fu informed her while she stood up and brushed herself off. She nodded and went back to her usual to try again, before she tried doing it, she closed her eyes and emptied her mind just like her grandpa Fu said.
'Calm as the river flows,' Scarlet thought in her head. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes again. She ran and did a front flip and did a tornado kick on the wood and it broke in half as she landed on her feet. She looked at the broken wood and smiled happily. "Oh my gosh, I did it!" Scarlet did a victory dance of what she achieved while Grandpa Fu smiled.

"Excellent work, Scar you've done well," Scarlet looks at her grandpa Fu "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She hugged Fu. "你媽媽會為你感到驕傲 (your mother would be very proud of you)" Fu said in Chinese.
"沒有傅爺爺我做不到, ( I couldn't have done it without my grandpa," Scarlet hugged Fu tightly and he hugged her back for a moment. "Scar do you want some chicken and rice after all that training?"

"是的, 請 (yes please?)"

(End of flashback)

Scarlet thought of her childhood and smiled at all the things her grandpa had done for her. She made it to the mostly empty park sat down on the bench and opened her guitar's case. She took her guitar out and checked her strings to make sure they didn't break. She played a few strings to check that it sounded right. She then looked in the guitar's case and saw a photo image of her mother. She smiled sadly. "I miss you, mom." She kissed the photo and put it back in the guitar hold so that she could look at her photo while playing her music.

(Sukura41 helped me suggest this song for Scarlet while practising her music, massive thank you to Sukura41 👏🏼👏🏼🔥🔥)

"When the raindrops fell
Down from the sky,
The day you left me
An angel cried,
Oh-oh-oh, she cried,
An angel cried,
She cried,"

As Scarlet sang her song, the whole park stopped what they were doing and listened to her. They gathered around the girl as she sang like a thousand angels. As she finished her song, she didn't notice everyone who had watched her sing. That was until they started applauding.

Adrien's POV

I was doing the boring photoshoot for my father's company while my kwami Plagg was in my jacket eating his Camembert. I was doing poses as Vincent took some photographs of me. I was starting to get tired. The photoshoot had gone on for half an hour, I wanted to leave. "Come on, happier! Smile like you're smelling a delicious lunch in the seasoned kitchen!" Vincent instructed.