Chapter 56: Alaska

Alaiya's POV:

1 and a half year later:

"Congratulations." I hug Roman after he won his game.

He just showered so he smells really good and his wet hair that falls a little on his forehead looks even better than his usual hairstyle.

It still astonishes me that we're together when he's that good-looking!

"You have no idea what happened, do you?" he knows me too well as he asks knowingly.

I shake my head no against his chest.

"Had to Google if you won at the end," I openly admit as I look up at him.

He laughs a tiny bit. "You didn't see the scoreboard?"

"Whoops," I shrug since it's over now and there's no point on focusing on the past.

"You ready to leave?" he asks about the trip we're all taking.

I nod with a bright smile because we're going to Alaska which I don't exactly know why, but apparently, Roman wants to take me somewhere. Everyone is going. Roman's dad, my grandparents, Ivy and Eldon, Legend and Iris, Rider and Bethane, and Skyler and Sanchez. My mom obviously isn't going because she has been moved to a therapy group home where she's getting help with dealing with all the trauma. Plus, she hates me. I don't even know why Roman invited my grandparents, but he said he wanted to take everyone so I found it sweet. He treats them so well and they get along a little too amazingly.

My grandma hugs him before me.

The disrespect.

"Tell me." Ivy walks up to us as she's about to begin. "You become a quarterback and make a shit-ton of money, only to take us to fucking Alaska?" she questions in disbelief.

"You can stay home if you want." Roman shrugs with no issue with that whatsoever.

"Absolutely not." She shakes her head. "You're paying." Her hand pats Roman's shoulder with a smile.

Eldon takes Ivy into his car and I get in with Roman so that we can make our way to the airport. Everyone else is going to meet us when we reach Alaska, though Rider and Bethane are meeting us at the airport just like Ivy and Eldon.

All the original relationships are still ongoing thankfully, though there have been some small and really rough bumps in the road, but in the end, they're all still together. Roman and I, of course, had some bumps as well, but since we opened up first and didn't date until we both were ready, we were able to get passed through them.

The anniversary of his mother's death just came and he still hasn't completely recovered from seeing her pass away in front of his eyes. I don't think he ever will, but I don't think anyone would be able to either if they went through what he did. Him even admitting what happened was a step that most people don't even take, so I'm super proud of him for how strong he's been through all of it. I wish I could take all the pain away, but sadly, it's not possible. All I can do is be there for him and reassure him that none of what happened was his fault.

Roman drives out of the parking lot after some paparazzi give him a little trouble getting out.

He's become a much bigger deal now, and I don't think I've seen him go anywhere without having a sweet fan asking for an autograph. It always makes me laugh a little when I see him get that attention since he doesn't like it too much. Poor guy gets so freaked out when a fan asks for a picture because he hates taking them so he always tries to find a way to give them an autograph or something else.