Chapter 39: Surprise

Alaiya's POV:

We arrive at an apartment complex and holy crap does it look expensive. It's not only in the city, but it's also freaking beautiful and tall. Like super tall.

He lives here?
I'm never leaving.

"I made him go out with the guys so here's the key and make sure to be ready," Rider instructs as he hands me a card which I'm guessing is the room key.

I walk inside the complex where the lobby is even decorated beautifully in fancy-looking furniture. When I get to the elevator, I swipe the card over the pin-pad to go up. The elevator goes up automatically without me having to press a button to tell it which floor. It stops at one of the highest floors, and I as I step out, my jaw drops on the floor at the place that is literally my dream place to live in.

Holy crap!

Large windows are surrounding the entire area and a black outline, making it look even cooler in the darkness of the apartment. The entire city is shown through the large windows and there are lightly dimmed and bright white lights in some buildings and cars. I can't help but gleam because this is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen in my entire life! The kitchen and breakfast table come into my view to the right and left right as I step in, and next, an open living room area straight ahead comes as well. Everything is dark including the furniture and I love it.

I quickly pull my phone out to call Ivy and Eldon to ask them how I'm supposed to do this because the nerves have returned for the reason I came here. I don't know how to do this whole relationship stuff by myself. Carson and I were much different and I didn't have to make grand gestures because he was usually drunk and I was scared of him. Plus, the reason we got together was because of my mom, while the reason Roman and I got together still doesn't make sense to me.

"Are you there?" Ivy asks sitting next to Eldon the minute the first bell goes through and she answers.

"How do I do this?" I skip to the important part because I only have a limited amount of time.

"Okay, so push your boobs up," she instructs first off.

I look down at my dress to see if she's hinting that they're sagging, though I don't think they are considering the bra I'm wearing.

Is that what she's trying to say?

"No, take the candles and set them up everywhere," Eldon argues against her plan and says his own.

I like that idea more since it doesn't make me feel self-conscious.

I grab the candles that he packed for me in my suitcase and set them on the kitchen counter. Hopefully, this will work and I won't set the entire building on fire.

Hopefully.

***

Roman's POV

"Roman," Rider fucking bird calls me by rolling my name on his tongue in public.

Everyone looks over at him since he's as loud as a damn bulldozer, and I swear I'm going to kill him.

Why does he do that?

"Roman." He continues to use the same shitty noise as he sees me and runs over to us in the store. He continues to do the rolling his tongue thing even when he's three inches away from me, and that only attracts more attention on us.

"Would you stop that shit!" I slap his head as he mate calls like a fucking eagle in front of my face.

"Everyone is looking at us," Woods spits with his teeth gritted.