Getting Ready

Eli's POV
Excitement. That's the only word to describe how I feel. My parents had spent the last couple of days trying to convince me to finally ask Sierra on a date. It wasn't that I didn't want to ask her out but I always got nervous. Over the last month we had grown closer and closer but no matter how much time we spent together my nervousness got the best of me. She made me happy just being around her and seeing her smile.

After asking her on a date I made a reservation for this seafood restaurant I had found a couple weeks ago. I remember at the beach she had told me how much she loved seafood so I knew this place would be a perfect first date spot. After making our reservations I decided to give a call to my best friend, Malachi, I had never been on a date so I couldn't help but to second guess myself on what I should wear.
"Hey Elijah, what's up man?"
"Hey Mal, I uh, I need your help." I could feel his smirk from his end of the phone immediately.
"What can I help you with, is it your mate?" I sighed.
"Yes, we have our first date and I honestly have no clue what I should be wearing man. I don't want to go overboard but I don't want to be overdressed. I just don't want to embarrass myself." I rolled my eyes as he began to laugh. "Listen to the great Eli concerned over impressing his woman." "I need help Mal not for you to be annoying." He sighed. "Try not to overthink it. Typically go for a button up shirt or polo shirt with some nice black pants. You don't need a suit or a tie to be honest. If you want you can wear a nice watch and you can wear some shoes that don't have to be dress shoes they can be sneakers. Black and white are the best go to colors for a date because they are neutral. Women tend to wear black on their first dates as well because it's the beginning so you aren't coordinating what you plan on wearing. They are also good in case she decided not to wear black so it won't clash. So either go all black or black and white." I smiled. "Thank you Malachi. I appreciate your help." "Anytime, I can't wait to meet her you know. The pack is excited to meet her as well." I smiled harder. "She's amazing, she's been through a lot but she recovered as if she hadn't just experienced the most painful thing a wolf can experience." "Well good luck on your date. Make sure you call me and tell me about it later. I need all the details." I laughed. "I will, I promise."
After my phone call with Malachi I decided to head over to one of the stores to see if I could find a nice outfit to wear. I decided to go with an all black outfit. I bought a black shirt with some black slacks and a belt. I decided to wear the watch my dad had gave me and I also wore some black stud earrings. My shoes were what stood out to me the most since I knew Sierra was a sneaker head, I decided to wear some black and red Jordan 1s.

It was around 7:00 when I started to get dressed. I took a shower and put on my outfit and I was out the door by 7:45. When I arrived to pick Sierra up I was incredibly nervous and excited. I got out the car and knocked on the door and both Sam and Emily answered. "Hey Elijah, she's finishing up. She should be down in a couple of minutes." I nodded and watched as Emily headed upstairs to let her know I was here. After a couple of minutes of waiting she finally began to make her way downstairs and I instantly felt like my heart was going to explode. Beautiful wasn't the word I would use to describe how perfect she looks. She was the most captivating and angelic woman I had ever seen. Her hair was in a pony tail but she decided to keep part of her hair in a bang. She wore this beautiful black dress that had these sparkles all over it. Her heels matched the dress perfectly. She had gotten her makeup and nails done and she honestly looked truly amazing.

 She had gotten her makeup and nails done and she honestly looked truly amazing