Hope and Dates

Sierra's POV

It was the end of the week and the Alastair's were leaving today to catch their flight back to Alaska. It was weird to think that I was already so close to them despite knowing them for a couple of months but I was honestly sad to see them go. Before they had left Armoni and his wife had gifted me some flowers and Ariana had gifted me a friendship bracelet that matched with hers. Throughout the whole interaction I could see that Elijah had already began to miss them which made me feel guilty knowing that he was staying here with me when he could be with his pack at home.

"How are you feeling?" he looked at me.

"I'm okay, still adjusting to the idea of being here and actually having a mate." I smiled at him and turned over facing him as we both sat on the beach.

"Did you think it wouldn't happen to you?" he shrugged.

"It's only happened to half the members of our pack. The rest just married some of the humans they met and fell in love with."

"Is your mom Armoni's imprint?" he nodded.

"They're relationship is so different though. They knew each other since they were basically babies. Their mom's were the best of friends so they grew up close to each other until my mom moved to Detroit. My dad phased later than everyone in our pack, which was 16. Despite that he easily completed his training and quickly made his way to Alpha and when my mom moved back, when she was 20, he imprinted on her and their relationship grew very quickly. From what I heard my mom had always had a crush on him when they were younger and my dad had a crush on her so it seemed like fate had set them up together. They complete each other. She's his biggest strength and weakness and she helps lead the pack just as much as he does. Without her I don't think he'd be the man he is."

"That sounds amazing to have such a strong relationship. To be so close and to help your partner grow as a person is something I admire so much in relationships. I didn't see that in anyone I knew until Sam & Emily. Before that it was something I read in books or heard in songs. I honestly thought that it was impossible to feel so strongly for someone and it be an actual healthy thing." he nodded.

"It's something I've wanted more than anything. I love the idea of having someone who means the world to you and you can grow with each other separately and together. I loved seeing how my mom inspired my dad and I loved how even with arguments it was never something big. I just want a happy family even happier then my family is you know?"

"I understand that." he smiled at me.

"Hopefully overtime we can be closer, even more than they are. I want to make you happy Sierra and overtime I hope you trust me the way I already trust you. I'll be vulnerable to you if you give me a chance. I'm not rushing you but I just want you to know that I'm here and I'm not giving up on what we can be. " I nodded as he grabbed my hand. "I hope that I can be the shoulder you lean on when your feeling sad or alone. I hope that when you look in my eyes I believe you love me because your eyes tell me everything. I hope that I can be everything you need and you can be mines."

"It'll happen Eli. We just have to be patient." he smiled as his eyes seemed to have a weird glint in them.

"Good because after spending so much time with you I've already started to fall for you."

I blushed, nervously playing with my hair as he smiled at me. 

"You're really adorable when you blush." 

I pushed him playfully. "Don't tell anyone, they'll think I'm soft." 

He rolled his eyes. "So, what do you want to do for the rest of the day? I wouldn't mind watching movies and spending the rest of the day with you or we can go out on a date. It's up to you." I blushed again feeling nervous. "A date?" "Yes a date, if that's what you want to do I'd love to take you on one officially. I know our walk on the beach didn't really feel like one." I smiled at him. "I'd like that." he nodded with a smile. He always looked so cute whenever he smiled at me with such a strong look in his eyes. "Well, I'll come pick you up at 8pm. i already know the perfect place we should go." I smiled and nodded and went back to Emily and Sam's place to get ready.