What's Happening

~6 months later~

Over the last few months I have felt terrible. I've had a terrible fever and get random body aches. I would force myself to get out of bed constantly and go to school because I didn't want my grades to be affected by my absences. I had started to distance myself from my friends after noticing that I was starting to become extremely irritable. It seemed like everything and anyone had easily upset me and I honestly didn't know how to control my emotions. It had been worse every since Sam and I had stopped talking. I later found out that he has disappeared for a few weeks and after he came back he had a new girlfriend, who was Leah's cousin. I had tried talking to him multiple times but he always seemed to give me the cold shoulder.

Since today was Saturday I decided I would head over to the Clearwater's house to see Leah. I noticed ever since her and Sam broke up she had distanced herself from me as well so I decided to visit just to make sure she was okay. I knocked on the door and Sue answered. "Hey Sierra, Leah didn't tell me you were visiting." I smiled "Well that's because I decided to show up unannounced." "She's actually in her room, you can go ahead." When I got to her room I noticed immediately that she looked really sad. "Hey, Leah." she looked up at me and I immediately noticed the hurt in her eyes seeing me. "What are you doing here Sierra?" "I came to hang out with you if you weren't busy." "I don't see why you would be here when you can be with Sam instead." "Leah, you know that I had no clue Sam was going to hurt you the way he did. I promise I recently found out." she stood up getting in my face angrily. "I don't believe you. You and Sam have always been close. You were around each other any chance you got and your trying to convince me that you were clueless that he would leave me for my cousin. GET OUT!" "Leah, I -" "Get out Sierra, I want nothing to do with you or Sam" I left her house angrily. I felt extremely angry and I felt like the forest was suddenly the best place to be. I was so angry that I was literally shaking. I felt a burst of pain shoot through my body over and over again and I literally felt different 'What the hell is happening to me?' I jumped as I heard a voice in my head 'Sierra is that you?'

Sam's POV

I was patrolling the area when I suddenly heard Sierra's voice 'What the hell is happening to me' I immediately looked around for her 'Sierra, is that you? Where are you?' 'Sam? How can I hear you but I don't see you what's happening to me?' 'I need you to try and relax as much as you can so I can help you, I know your in pain but I need you to tell me exactly where you are.' 'I then saw the memory that showed exactly how she phased and I figured out exactly where she was at. I ran towards Leah's house after phasing back and putting my clothes on. Before heading over I figured it'd be best to stop at Emily's to grab some clothes for her. I noticed her wolf immediately. It was a snow white with grey swirls. She saw me and let out a whimper. "Sierra, I need you to picture yourself in your human body. It might be hard but you have to really picture it." It took 30 minutes for her to phase back. After she phased back and changed I then noticed the difference between how she looked before. She clearly wasn't 5'0 she had to be around 5'10-6'1. Her hair was longer and her skin was more tan and her body was more 'developed.' Which was different than what happened to me. "Let's go to Emily's so I can tell you exactly what's happening." She nodded and followed me as I led her to Emily's place.

Sierra's POV

I followed Sam to this beautiful house that was near the woods. It was slightly small but it had a lot of open area surrounding it. When I entered the house I noticed a woman in the kitchen cooking food. "Sierra this is Emily. Emily this is Sierra." I nodded at her feeling uneasy. "Nice to meet you." she smiled at me. "It's great to finally meet you Sierra." I looked over at Sam. "So are you going to tell me everything now." He nodded and I sat down at the table. "Well, for starters you remember the Quilette legends, right?" I nodded "Well, as you know Quilettes are known for being descendants of shapeshifters who would often shift into wolves. This gene is normally activated by the Cold Ones. The cold ones are just another term for Vampires. The gene is activated so that we can protect our tribe and stop the cold ones from killing anyone on out land." He then went into detail about everything including imprinting. "I understand all that Sam, but last time I checked my mom and dad are not Quilette so how did I phase?" I noticed him shift uncomfortably and look at Emily. "The truth is you are part Quilette, Sierra. Before you were born your mother dated a man who had the gene and got pregnant with you. After he abandoned her during her pregnancy. A year later she dated Charlie and got pregnant with Bella." I looked at him shocked. I felt so hurt that I couldn't even allow for myself to get angry. "So your telling me the man that's raised me for 17 years is not my biological father. If he's not then who the hell is my birth father Sam and where has he been the entire time." He looked sad and took a deep breath. "Your birth father is Joshua Uley. Sierra, I'm your older brother." I looked at Sam shocked and I could feel myself starting to shake again. "You need to calm down Sierra. Take deep breaths, if you can't control it, go outside." I felt overwhelmed and angry so I opted for the second option. The moment I was outside I phased once again trying to control my anger as Sam stood in front of me. 'How long have you know Sam.' he sighed. 'I've known for a little over 2 years now. I found out through Charlie himself who didn't even know if he should've told me or not." 'Is that why you started to talk to me before? It had to be because we haven't even been close that long.' he nodded. "Phase back Sierra, we have so much more to talk about." I sighed remembering how to phase back again and he handed me some more clothes to change into. When we entered Emily's house she had a bunch of muffins on the table. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I wanted to tell you the moment I found out but I honestly didn't know. I was so happy to find out that I had a little sister who I knew and I wanted to become so much more involved in your life and when I phased it pained me to distance myself from you but I did it to protect you." I nodded still feeling hurt and betrayed, not by him, but by my mom and 'dad.' It made so much sense to me now as to why we were never close. It made sense to me as to why he always treated me so much more different than he treated Bella. He loved me but not as much as he would ever love Bella. "I don't blame you Sam. Technically we're both victims of a dead beat father who didn't know how to keep it in his pants." He smiled at me. "We need to discuss your living arrangements. I know you're supposed to graduate next year but a big problem now that you have phased is the treaty. I hate to say it Sierra but you can no longer live in Forks or you'll be breaking the treaty." I sighed. "How do I even convince him to let me leave?" "Be honest, tell him that you found out the truth and that you want to move in with Emily and I. I know that you do truly feel angry with him so when you tell him try not to phase. I'll be outside." I nodded. "Before we do this I'll communicate with the Cullens, they'll sense us the moment we cross the border." I nodded again and he made the call getting their approval and our plan began to fall into place.

We were in Sam's truck driving home. He seemed nervous and worried about my anger but I had convinced him that I would be okay. When we arrived I could smell Edward in Bella's room. I calmed myself when I got out the car and Sam placed his hand on my shoulder. "You can do this. Just remember to slow down, take deep breaths, think of something that makes you happy or a distraction when you feel it becoming too much. End it before it becomes too much." I nodded and entered the house seeing dad in the living room. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey Sierra, how was your visit to the Clearwaters?" I ignored his question. "We need to talk dad." His face got serious and he walked to the dining room table telling me to sit down. "What is it, Sierra?"  "I know the truth about everything." His eyes widened for a second but he took a deep breath. "Sierra-" I interruted him. "Sam told me when I went to visit him today. He told me everything about how you came to him a few years ago and told him. You told him and not me." "I didn't want to hurt you Sierra." "That has to be a lie. Holding on to the truth was just easier for you wasn't it. It was easy to pretend that I was your daughter and not tell me the truth because you weren't ready to face it." "Sierra, a lot happened before I met your mother. Your father was a man who wasn't loyal he used your mother and when he was done I was there for her. As long as I've been here I believe that I am your father and I didn't feel that the time was right to tell you the truth." I could feel myself becoming angry and angrier by the minute. "Were you ever even going to tell me the truth. I'm 18 dad and I graduate soon so when were you going to tell me?" he got quiet letting me know the answer to the question. "Does Bella know, Billy, am I the only one?" he shook his head. "Only your mother and I know. We just wanted to protect you Sisi." I shook my head getting up taking deepbreaths. "I'm going to be moving in with Sam and I'll be attending the Reservation as well." he looked at me shocked and angry but didn't say anything so I went to my room to pack. As I was packing Bella entered my room. "Where are you going Sierra?" I looked at Edward who was staring at me behind her. "I'm moving out Bells. I'm moving in with Sam." "What do you mean moving out? What happened to you waiting to graduate first?" I felt myself becoming angrier. "Things change Bella. Revelations were made and now I need to leave. " I then grabbed as many things as I could that mattered to me and left meeting Sam at his car as he looked at me sadly. As I got in the car I saw dad on the steps watching as the car pulled away.