21- Suspected

You faced her and whispered out:
"I'm scared Tayler had something to do with Dixie's death."

Indiana: "Do you really think someone we know is capable of THAT?"

You: "I mean they all clearly knew each other and had more history than either of us realized."

Indiana: "I guess I just assumed it was some strange weirdo that wandered into camp."

You couldn't really find any words so Indiana, seemingly understanding where your head got lost, added:
"Well, maybe it was just a summer fling. It's just good that it didn't get that serious."

You: *blurting out*
"I slept with him."

She wrapped her arms around you and let you cry as long as you needed to in order to come to terms with everything that happened. When your tears were dry you had a sudden strength that made you sure that if no one else could give you answers, then you were gonna go find them yourself! Almost as if on queue, Indiana's phone lit up with a text from Mads.

You convinced Indiana to facetime Mads in hopes you might get some answers.

Indiana: "Hey girl, they finally let you leave? That's crazy that they questioned you so long!"

Mads seemed in good spirits until she saw your head pop into frame and her expression turned annoyed.

Mads: "Jaden is giving me a ride home so I gotta hang up but I'll talk to you later

Mads: "Jaden is giving me a ride home so I gotta hang up but I'll talk to you later."

Indiana: "Are you sure it's a good idea to get in a car with Jaden?"

Mads: "I've been in the car with him a lot? Why are you worried now?"

You: "He was the last person to see Dixie alive!!"

Mads: *rolling her eyes*
"He's been totally cleared. Here he comes, I gotta go."

Indiana shrugged her shoulders and repeated:
"I guess he's off the hook."

You: "Yeah but is Mads?"

You laid in silence, just running through all the possible scenarios. Indiana had fallen asleep an hour ago when you seemed to distance yourself after hearing from Mads. You knew she was definitely there with the purest of intentions but it didn't change the fact that she just didn't seem to get what you were going through at all.

You needed to get answers. That's the only thing that would lull you to sleep. You pulled Indiana's phone off the charger and scrolled through to find Jaden's phone number then sent him a text. To your surprise he answered right away but seemed completely indifferent.

You could feel your blood boil

You could feel your blood boil. Someone he'd spend a lot of time with the past week was gone forever and he was unphased. Dixie was worth more than how he was acting.

You finally broke down and decided to call Tayler back but hearing his voice did something to you that you weren't expecting.

Tayler: "Hello? Please talk to me... Please."

You choked back words as you silently listened to him plead for you but couldn't bring yourself to speak.

Tayler: "God, I'm so sorry for not telling you. You have to understand. I really thought I was doing the right thing. Please. You called that means something. Please talk to me."

You were so overwhelmed by his cries that you broke down and stuttered out:
"N- Nevermind."

You hung up and buried your face into your pillow, soaking up your tears as you muffled your cries.

You wanted to hate him...

You wanted to not need him but you couldn't help it. He'd ruined everything by keeping the truth from you. You sighed wondering if him telling the truth earlier would have even made a difference.

You rolled over and saw a pic of Noah, you, Griff, and Dixie staring back at you and thought to yourself how much had changed since you took it. It's hard to imagine that one of those boys could have had something to do with you losing her for good.

 It's hard to imagine that one of those boys could have had something to do with you losing her for good