13- Final Day

You woke up on the 9th day of camp and your roomies were already gone. Breakfast had come and gone and morning activities were already half over. You couldn't believe you'd slept so hard. You debated making an excuse to stay in bed all day but knew it was your last full day to spend with Tayler and didn't want to waste it.

You got dressed and decided to go for a walk to wake the rest of the way up. You also hoped it would clear your head that was still a jumbled mess last night brought out. Maybe it was the heightened emotions or the lingering tiredness, but you couldn't help but feel someone watching you. 

You paused and 3 seconds later the echo of your footsteps also paused… or more specifically what you were figuring out in that moment weren't just echoes

You paused and 3 seconds later the echo of your footsteps also paused… or more specifically what you were figuring out in that moment weren't just echoes. Your heart started to race until it felt like it was going to beat right out of your chest. 

You covered your eyes, ready to scream when Tayler jumped out and wrapped you up in a tight bear hug from behind. You screamed then spun around smacking his shoulder as you chastised him:
"Wtf! Tayler!!!"

You took a deep breath in an attempt to steady you pulse as you warned:
"I told you not to scare me like that anymore, why have you been following me in the shadows, weirdo!!!"

Tayler pulled you close and apologized:
"I'm sorry, I thought you saw me walk up. I haven't been following you? I JUST saw you?"

You still felt unsettled but tried to convince yourself it was all in your head as you melted into his kiss.

That night you laid in bed dreading the goodbye breakfast tomorrow. Tayler had mentioned multiple times the last few days how close his hometown really was to yours but was hinting it to only be a 20min drive the same as agreeing to drive it regularly? You imagined Tayler showing up to your house and meeting your family and the two of you just having a normal life outside of camp when suddenly Dixie popped her head up. 

Dixie: "Hey so remember that time I covered for you to sneak out?"

You: "Dixie… hooking up with Jaden might not be as good of an idea as you think."

Dixie: "Lighten up. I'm just having fun." 

She immediately saw your face fall knowing the insecurities it brought out a deep that you hoped what you had with Tayler was more than just having fun.

Dixie: "I'm sorry. I really hope Tayler proves himself when we leave. Just maybe you should prepare yourself that he won't."

You: "Shouldn't you be the one preparing yourself to get hurt by Jaden. He's literally nicknamed the camp player."

Dixie: "At least I know what I'm getting myself into."

You: "What does that mean?"

Dixie: "I'm just saying, maybe Taylet isn't as squeaky clean as you think he is…"

Your confusion was interrupted by a knock at the window that made you both jump. Dixie climbed out of bed to open the bunk door for Jaden.

He was unaware anyone else was awake as he pulled her into a steamy kiss

He was unaware anyone else was awake as he pulled her into a steamy kiss. You watched him paw at her back like he couldn't wait one more moment to get her alone. She giggled into his kiss:
"Let's go before my bunkmates all wakeup and we have an audience."

Jaden: *kissing her more urgently*
"Sounds hot."

He led her out of the door but at the last second she popped her head back in and offered:
"I know you're going to be mad at me for a long time but you'll always be my best friend and I love you."

You squeezed your eyes shut tight and pretended to not hear her so you didn't have to admit what you both knew

You squeezed your eyes shut tight and pretended to not hear her so you didn't have to admit what you both knew. She'd been the person you cared about most for most of your life and you without a doubt would forgive her for anything… eventually.