9- Summer Days

You woke up feeling way more stressed out than you should have considering you'd slept for 10hrs. You threw on clean clothes and hurried to find your friends when you ran smack dab into Tayler, working up the nerve to knock on your cabin.

You: "Hey, look who's free from kitchen duty?"

Tayler: "Very funny. How did you get out of that anyway?"

You: *laughing nervously*
"Guess I'm just used to sneaking out, I don't know?"

Tayler: "You got a man back home that you sneak out with?"

You: "Nope."

You felt guilty for lying but you convinced yourself that if you were going to make a decision about what to do when you got home then you needed to give moving on a real chance. It's not like anything real ever came from a summer fling… right? 

Almost as if to answer the question you hadn't asked outloud, Tayler slipped his hand into yours and led you towards camp. You spent the rest of the day splashing around in the water with Tayler. At one point Jaden joined and brought Dixie along but she could tell you were uncomfortable and made an excuse to sunbathe on the sand with Jaden. 

It was almost dark when Tayler chased you back to your cabin, giggling

It was almost dark when Tayler chased you back to your cabin, giggling. He kissed you goodnight and the moment his lips connected with yours the whole world slowed down for the first time all day.

After a few minutes of kissing, you noticed your roommates were all inside and still awake chatting. You decided to head in before bed checks or worse, one of the girls saw and started asking questions.

Indiana: "Holy wow, girl."

You were stunned and stuttered out: "It w- wasn't what it looked like."

Indiana: "It looks like you're sunburned."

Dixie: "I have sunscreen somewhere around here, you shoulda asked."

Mads: *snatching the bottle from Dixie's hand*
"That one is actually mine. You really need to learn to not touch other people's things."

You: "It's okay. I'm sure it's not that bad-"

Dixie interrupted deciding to finally make the time to confront Mads:
"What is your problem?"

Mads: "Girls like you who think they own whatever they want, that's my only problem!"

Dixie: "If you're talking about the stupid sunscreen I literally was just trying to help my friend-"

You: "I'm oka-"

Dixie: *ignoring you*
"If you're talking about Jaden well he doesn't belong to anyone and last I checked he was single."

Mads: "Yeah but you're not. Would be a shame if someone called that boyfriend of yours."

Indiana pushed between them to declare: "Can you guys just chill. We are literally only here 7 more days and I for one don't want to spend it listening to this crap."

Everyone settled into bed and as the sheets trapped in the warmth burning off of your skin you realized you really were a lot more burnt than. You thought.