4- Sneaking Out

You were laying in bed still replaying the moments with Tayler earlier that day. It was definitely exciting feeling someone so obviously pursuing you hard again but you couldn't help but worry about getting hurt. Your heart was still reeling from what Noah had done to you and even though you'd just kinds run instead of dealing with it… it really hit hard when you were alone at night.

Your skin started to crawl with restlessness knowing Dixie was right below you and in spite of you hitting her, you hadn't really dealt with her either. You rolled over, restlessly when you saw her phone light up against the wall from the bunk under you. 

The thought that she could be texting Noah at that moment and they could be talking behind your back about what happened yesterday made you feel like you were losing control all over again

The thought that she could be texting Noah at that moment and they could be talking behind your back about what happened yesterday made you feel like you were losing control all over again. You got desperate enough to send Noah a message…

Every minute that passed without a response made your blood boil hotter

Every minute that passed without a response made your blood boil hotter. It'd only been 10 minutes and you were already about to boil over with visions of grabbing Dixie's phone to see if Noah was responding to her. 

You felt like you were going crazy when suddenly there was a quick knock at the window. You felt Dixie roll over below you as you shot sitting straight up. You both looked at each other and then at Tayler's face smiling at you through the window. 

Dixie: "You aren't gonna sneak out are you?"

You: "Why do you care?"

Dixie: "You still are dating Noah aren't you? You're gonna regret whatever you do tonight."

You: *slipping on your shoes*
"You didn't care about that so why should I?"

Dixie: "I'm so sorry, but please this isn't you."

You: "What are you gonna do… snitch?"

Dixie: " Of course not. I’m still your best friend regardless if you’re mad." 

As soon as you opened the door, the night summer air hit you like a heavy blanket.

You: "What are you doing here?"

Tayler: "I couldn't sleep. Thought maybe you'd wanna go for a swim."

You: "Didn't you say the lake here has surveillance cameras to make sure kids stay out after dark?"

Tayler: "Don't worry, I know a place."

Before you could object, he'd slipped his hand into yours and was leading you away from your cabin. You didn't recognize the water he'd brought you to but as you stood on the dock watching Tayler dip his toes in the moonlit water, you became nervous for a different reason.

 You didn't recognize the water he'd brought you to but as you stood on the dock watching Tayler dip his toes in the moonlit water, you became nervous for a different reason

He strpped down to his boxers and the realization that you'd have to undress to at least your underclothes in front of someone else made your palms sweaty. Tayler smiled and turned his back to you ceremoniously covering his eyes as well. 

You stripped down to what you told yourself was basically the same as a swimsuit and lowered yourself off the dock. The water was slightly cooler than the air surrounding it but felt amazing if you let how creepy it was to not be able to see into the water below. 

You shook the eeriness out of your head and dipped your head backwards to get your hair wet. When you opened your eyes back up you noticed Tayler was nowhere to be found and the creepy feeling returned as you called out his name.

You: "Tayler, this isn't funny."

You looked around in a panic trying not to let your mind get away from you.

You: "You're scaring me!"

You started to swim back towards the dock and climb out when you saw Tayler running towards you, carrying a smile. He jumped and cannonballed into the water a few feet away from you. 

You took a deep breath, trying not to say anything that made you seem immature when it was obvious he was just having fun. You shook your head and wondered where the fascination came from with boys scaring girls.

You splashed your way towards where he'd plummeted below the surface realizing it'd been over 30 seconds. By the time you reached the last spot you'd seen him, panic really set in because he still hadn't broken the surface.

You were terrified by the chilling silence that surrounded you as you tried to convince yourself non of this was real. You squinted your eyes and imagined you hadn't left your bunk when suddenly something touched your foot. You screamed out of instinct as it grabbed your foot and pulled you below the surface.