19- Home

Once you got home you lurked off to your room without really saying anything so your parents decided to give you space. 

You pulled your phone out along with Dixie's that you just realized you still had

You pulled your phone out along with Dixie's that you just realized you still had. They were both drained so you shoved hers in your drawer and went down to find your bag:
"Mom? Where's my bag from camp?"

Mom: "The police kept it for now but I made sure all your laundry was clean. You have plenty to wea-"

You: "I need my phone charger, Mom."

Mom: "Maybe you shouldn't be on you-"

It was obvious by the look on your face that you weren't letting it go so she reluctantly handed you her own charger. You raced back upstairs and locked your bedroom door before powering it on. 

Immediately dozen of messages from Tayler came through…

At first your heart fluttered, then you remembered everything you'd learned last night

At first your heart fluttered, then you remembered everything you'd learned last night. Their history came rushing back and you wondered if he had something to do with Dixie’s disappearance? Was it a coincidence that she was found at the bottom of the same lake he’d taken you to?

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The following is an excerpt of our tgought process as we deal with the reality of what we've been through, what we've seen, and what we've lost. There us some triggering imagery that I want you to prepare yourself for before reading. XOXO~Christy

Your thoughts raced by too fast to catch until the memory of you being drug below the surface of the water halted you. It was the first night you had snuck out with Tayler and he'd sworn it was a harmless prank.

You wanted to believe him but the feeling of your lungs running out of air was replaced by visions of Dixie gasping for air under the same murky waters. The image of her body floating just beneath the surface caused chills to run down your spine.

You threw your phone down and raced towards the stairs, yelling:
"Mooooooom."

You froze on the top stair, in shock at the sound of the doorbell chiming. You heard soft voices and it eased you out of your stunned state. You legs carried you down the stairs almost against your will.

When you reached the bottom, you came face to face with Indiana. Tears streaming down her face, she ran and threw her arms around you. She sobbed while you looked around in a panic.

You: *stumbling over words*"Is M- Mads with you?"

"Is M- Mads with you?"