10- Sick Day

You spent most of the 4th day of camp laying in bed reading. You had definitely gotten too much sun and didn't feel up to doing anything outdoors. You were so lost in your story that you didn't hear Mads and Indiana pop in to check on you.

Mads: "Are you still feeling miserable?"

Indiana: "Holy crap, girl. You're totally fried."

You: "It doesn't hurt so bad."

Truth was you were too busy worrying about what Tayler was doing and if he'd even noticed you were missing today. 

Indiana: *answering your unasked question*
"Tayler asked about you this morning."

You tried to take being unphased but the truth is your stomach started to flip at just the mention of his name. Dixie walked in, interrupting and carrying a lunch tray for you and Mads gave her a dirty look and stomped out. Indiana rolled her eyes and declared:
"God, she can be so dramatic."

She followed Mads outside and Dixie handed you the tray. You tried not to noticed she'd grabbed all your favorites. 

You: *changing the subject straight to the point*
"Have you talked to Noah since we got here?"

Dixie: "What? No?"

You: "How did he know we both ended up coming here?"

Dixie: "Maybe Griffin? He hasn't answered me much but I've left him messages."

You: "I don't know what to believe anymore."

Dixie: "I haven’t talked to him since he chased after you that night‐"

Her excuses were interrupted by Tayler's beaming smile stepping into the room. 

Tayler: "How's my girl?"

There went your stomach doing flip flops again. Dixie said something but you couldn't even come close to recalling her words because the eye contact Tayler was making was so intense. 

Dixie: "I'm just gonna let you two talk."

She let herself out as you sat up and fixed your hair while Tayler held the door for Dixie. He turned back and moved to sit next to you without hesitation:
"I feel bad for keeping you out in the sun so long."

You smiled as you pulled him into a kiss and spoke against his lips:
"Totally worth it."

Things quickly escalated as he moved above you before you had a chance to debate how far you were willing to go. You were relieved when Jaden popped his head in the door and killed the momentum for a minute.

Jaden: "Have you guys seen Dixie?"

You: *pulling your shirt back down to cover your stomach*
"She was headed to take my tray back to the cafeteria."

He thanked you and then turned back to smirk:
"Stay outta trouble, kids."

You took the opportunity to roll over to your side while thoughts of whether anything could even come from this summer fling drug you back to reality. He laid next to you, running his fingers through your hair as you worked up the nerve to ask him what any of this meant.

 He laid next to you, running his fingers through your hair as you worked up the nerve to ask him what any of this meant

Tayler: *beating you to the topic*
"Have you ever had a serious boyfriend?"

You: "I mean I've dated before but it didn't really end well."

Tayler: "I've never really had a girlfriend."

You sat straight up:
"What? How? You're like ridiculously hot."

He laughed:
"I don't know. I never really thought about it."

You: "Aren't you gonna be a senior too?? That's crazy."

Tayler: "I mean I've been with girls, obviously just never serious about anyone."

You sat looking completely stunned by this perfect man in front of you and couldn't fathom someone not doing whatever it took to be with him.

Tayler: *interrupting with a flirty smirk*
"So you think I'm hot, huh?"

You blushed bright red in your cheeks as you stammered out:
"I- I mean-"

He saved you from answering by pressing his lips back to yours and pulling you onto him as he rolled back. You wanted to tell him you'd only ever been with one boy and weren't sure you were ready to change that… especially with a boy you may never see again after this week. 

He sensed your hesitation and pulled back to add:
"I really like you."

You: "Even if I won’t sleep with you?"

Tayler: "I might be a lot of things but a creep isn’t one of them."

You felt a sense of relief spread through you as he pulled your book out from under your pillow and flopped back, thumbing through the pages.

Tayler: "So... what ya reading?"

You grabbed the book and tossed it to the floor, deciding that just because you weren't ready to go any further didn't change that you couldn't think of much else besides kissing him more.