Chapter 53: A Few Minutes

Start from the beginning

"No," I answer.

He whines at the ceiling for the millionth time today.

For someone who will quite literally kill anyone if touched and was known as the big scary man on campus, he sure whines like a baby.

I roll my eyes at his childishness over just touching my butt and walk over to the bleachers to grab my water bottle. As I'm opening the cap on the bottle, a hand wraps around my waist and turns me around, making a laugh come out as he kisses me with a smile on his face.

Oh, so he can spin me around now but not before when I needed him to. We had been at the move for a good three hours and this whole time, it took him kissing me to get it down.

His hands go right back down my butt and I've promised myself that I will never say it out loud, but I secretly love when he does it.

"Aww, look at the happy couple," a deep voice awe's at us.

Roman pulls away with a small grunt as Sanchez and Skyler are seen walk through the doors.

"You couldn't have brought your ass back when I left," Roman complains.

He rolls his eyes at Roman. "Just admit you missed me." They stand in front of us as Sanchez holds his hands out with a smirk.

"The whole upper-Freshman class sure did," Skyler shrugs bitterly in a calling out manner, making Sanchez sigh at her. "My bad." She holds her hands out in defense. "People change people and whatnot."

Roman and I both can't help our smiles as we see how they both glance over at each other and literally get lost in each other's eyes.

Aww!

"Anyways." Skyler turns her head back towards us as Sanchez does the same when they remember they're not in alone. "I came to rehearse, but I'll see you at the game tomorrow," she promises, and I respond with a nod.

I know nothing about football, but I want to support Roman and if that requires listening to a play-by-play, then so be it.

"Oh, did you hear about all the shit people were calling-," Sanchez begins to ask but stops out of nowhere.

I'm taken back by his words just stopping, so I look around and see everyone else's avoiding glares.

What?

I look over at Roman looking around the room, and back at Skyler who's doing the exact same thing. Sanchez looks down at the ground, and now I know it's about me.

"What?" I ask them all.

None of them reply as they look directly at me and then go back to staring into oblivion.

"Tell me," I demand towards Roman after standing in front of him.

"It's nothing."

He's lying.

I turn to the left and grab my phone from the bottom bleacher. My thumb swipes up and I go to Instagram without hurting myself with the shattered glass. When I open the app, I see that I've been tagged in a bunch of pictures that look the same so I click on one of them to see if this is what they're talking about.

Caption: Alaiya Storm; using Roman Blackwood for his title to further her author career.

I read out loud the caption as my eyes widen gradually. Above the caption is a picture of my book, and Roman and I's first taken picture which got us caught and on magazines next to it.

"What author career?" I ask confused.

I published one book and that was in high school. I haven't even thought about publishing another one because nothing I've written has been good enough in my opinion.