Preparations for a Mission and Other Godly Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

When they discussed the different domains they had deduced that Zeus would become a sky deity while Perseus had a connection towards many different domains such as the sun or moon or something like that, he also probably had something to do with night and day, people who gave something for something bigger than themselves, he also had a connection towards the body of their grandmother so they decided he had to be a deity for something along the lines of nature and night and day.

He also felt connected towards mortals and was not happy with their non-existent free will (/AN/ If anyone is confused by this Perseus will explain it later). Perseus was, unfortunately, powerless at this time but he vowed to himself that he would aid or give the mortals their freedom. A surge of power expanded out from his godly power at this sacred vow that he had agreed to.

His 'Mothers were still same old same old fussing over him and his brother about all things. Though Perseus appreciated this even if he maintained an embarrassed facade when they did it his brother didn't appreciate as much trying to tell them that he was too old for such actions. After Métis arrived in the secluded cave Perseus noted that Zeus became more distant towards everyone besides Perseus and Métis herself and even then he had begun to be more and more with Métis than Perseus and he felt annoyed that his twin brother ignored him in such a way so he decided that if Zeus would ignore then Perseus would pay back with the same coin.

Perseus hurried out of the cave early one morning. There was still moisture in the ground after the night and Helios was just peaking over the horizon, but the godling ignored this and continued down a small goat trail which swung downhill to the little village at the foot of Mount Ida. He felt like he had small ants crawling over his skin at the thought of all the mortals enslaved by his father.

He arrived at the edge of the village and he continued his brisk walk to the center of the village where he sat down and waited. While he was waiting his thoughts once again strayed to the mortals. The mortals or humans were a fragile version of the deities that inhabited the lands of Hellas, Sicily, Macedon, Thrace, and Anatolia. Well, that wasn't true, it was more of the opposite way with the deities having a form that could be preceded by mortals.

And contrary to popular belief the mortals that were believers of the Greek pantheon had a unique amount of power over deities or at least how they were perceived, their domains and even their personality or at least a part of a deity's personality so for example if lots of people believed me, as in Perseus in a way then I would gain a version of myself that was closer towards their beliefs called an epithet. An epithet could even be mistaken for a separate deity then that would happen so it was important for deities to reign in and centralize the beliefs into best-case scenario one deity but that was hard so the best one could hope for was a few epithets that closely resembled the original deity.

While the Titans didn't have this problem considering their iron rule of the mortals, other deities that didn't plan to become tyrants would have to watch out for that. Anyway I got off track, the creator of mortals the Titan Prometheus well that wasn't true technically but he was more or less a deity focused upon mortals and more specifically what chaos... they could make. The mortals were just a normal species upon Gaia before Prometheus' sister-in-law opened a box of all of humankind's horrors and bad aspects.

After that incident Kronos decided to enslave and terrorize them so they would become loyal and just following the flow, but the damage was done and the only thing left in Pandora's Box was Elpis or hope which could only be released by the humans themselves. But anyway Kronos was unsuccessful in his quenching of the discord that was the new humans because with emotions such as pride, lust, and greed the mortals began to disregard the Titans rule. Which was quickly quenched with enslavement, the problem wasn't fixed by a long shot but it was the best the Titans had managed to come up with.