17

the warm breeze pushed the blonde hair out of his face as dream walked off the stage. the 6'3 man winced when he was met with the burning sensation of the beaming sun in his bright blueish-green eyes. they had just gotten done with sound check, and he was following karl down the steps.

"adrenaline is pumping through my veins!" karl skipped the last stair, jumping down to meet the tough dirt. dream wheezed, hurrying down to help the boy up from the ground.

"jesus karl," nick started, running up to the boy. karl was brushing off the dirt from his jeans. "be careful. we don't need any complications before this concert."

"i'm fine! don't worry so much!" karl laughed, waving over at george. dream was still upset about earlier, about george and the whole girl thing. it was eating him up inside. it was always there, always in the back of his mind. it never left and it was just there to remind him. constantly.

"hello, guys!" george said, walking up to the kids with three drinks in his hand; two cokes for dream and nick, a sprite for himself, and of course, a white monster for karl.

nick quickly grabbed one of the cokes out of george's hand with a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. "you know me too well."

"same here." dream smiled, winking at the brunette. i mean, dream didn't have anything to lose. the boy had his eyes on someone else, george had no interest in dream whatsoever.

right?

dream about choked on his sip of the highly carbonated drink when he saw a red tint start to creep up onto george's cheeks. george bowed his head, trying to keep anyone from seeing.

'surely that wasn't from me, yeah no. george likes rebekah, he doesn't like me, it was probably from something else.....' dream thought.

'oh my god, stop. you don't like dream. you have rebekah. you don't like dream, you don't like dream, he's just a friend.....' george stared at his feet, his mind racing with thoughts. he had to clear those images out, this definitely wasn't the place to be having them.

karl started to wave his arms in excitement, which snapped george out of his spiral state. karl danced around in a circle, taking a sip of the monster every now and then. dream laughed at the boy, turning his head to ask nick a question.

"hey nick," dream started, taking another sip of the coke. "how much longer till the concert?"

nick looked down at his phone, checking the time. "hmm, about an hour and twenty minutes."

dream nodded his head in understanding, looking over at karl who had just finished chugging his drink and had smashed the aluminum can on the top of his head.

"what do you guys wanna do while we wait?" dream asked, running his fingers through his mane.

"i dunno," nick said, taking another long sip from his drink.

"how about we just walk around? i've never been to this park, and i'm pretty sure they have some statues of important figures from the history of L'manburg. we are standing on the grounds that L'manburg once stood on! i think it would be cool to look at the scenery and stuff." karl stated, playing with his fingers.

nick scoffed and whispered "nerd" under his breath.

dream quickly elbowed the shorter, and nick quickly letting out a small "ouch"

dream smiled at the fluffy haired brunette."that sounds really fun! are you in geo-" dream looked over at george, just to find him staring at his phone with a contact pulled up labeled "rebekah <3"