9

nick pulled open the door of the restaurant as karl, dream, and george followed right behind him.

"welcome guys!" phil said, "are you excited for tonight?".

"hell yeah!" dream smiled, and everyone laughed.

"do you guys have everything set up?" the manager asked.

"yep!" karl giggled.

"awesome! well, you guys are good to go at 7!" phil added.

"thank you!" dream said as the guys went and sat down at a table.

"ugh i cant wait until 7." nick grumbled, sipping on his soda.

"it's only 30 minutes, you'll be fine." dream laughed.

"only 30 minutes?" george said under his breath.

dream grabbed george's hand from under the table, and started to rub his thumb back and forth on his hand. george blushed, and dream quickly changed the topic.

"so, uh," dream started. "what are we gonna do after our performance?"

"i say we go out for a celebratory ice cream!" karl cheered.

"ooh i like that idea!" nick said looking over at dream and george.

"me too!" dream said.

-

after a bit more of talking and comforting george, it was about time for them to go on. at this point, they were backstage, waiting for the clock to strike 7:00pm.

dream peaked out of the back and looked into the crowd. in the midst of the people, he saw his mom sitting at a table with his little sister. they both wore a smile on their faces. his heart was filled with joy as he stepped back behind the stage.

"guys, it's time!" karl said, waving them onto the stage.

"look, george," dream said, tugging george's arm. "you're gonna do amazing. don't stress about it. "

george smiled as stepped onto the stage and put the microphone up to his mouth.

"um, hello everyone!" george grinned. "we are the end and today we are going to cover the song 'out of my league' by fitz and the tantrums!"

the crowed cheered and dream spotted his mom and sister clapping in the back. he glanced over at karl wearing the biggest grin on his face.

forty days and forty nights
i waited for a girl like you to come and save my life.
all the days i waited for you
you know the ones who said i'd never find someone like you

dream's heart was racing. he was so focused on playing the right notes and not focusing on george, he didn't even notice that george was staring at a girl in the audience.

until he looked up from his guitar.

and you were out of my league
all the things i believed
you were just the right kind,
yeah you were more than just a dream

dream saw the way that george looked at the girl. staring into her eyes, feeling like he had melted by just looking at her.

it was exactly how dream looked at george.

dream's heart felt as if it had shattered into thousands of pieces.

'no not here. your sister is watching you. your mom is watching you. many people are watching you.' he thought.

dream continued to try and focus on the guitar, but he couldn't. his head jerked back up and looked at george, then the girl.

he saw the looks they were exchanging.