To Us

Some time had went by since the wedding of Kili and Amanda and the couple were happy with their life in the kingdom of Erebor. Kili had a lot of duties he had to attend to, what with being the prince and all. But he always made time for Amanda. But as of recent, Amanda had taken a bad turn and became ill. This caused the young prince Kili too worry as he knew Amanda is normally never one for falling ill.

"Are you comfortable my love? Do you need anything? Water? Soup?" Kili asked as he sat on their bed tucking Amanda in as she lay there weakly. She smiled up to him and shook her head gently. Kili placed a hand onto her forehead to check her temperature.

" I really wish you would stop fussing, Kili. It's just a small sickness, nothing I can't handle." Amanda sighed, swatting Kili's hand away and groaning. Kili chuckled to her shaking his head at her stubbornness.

"I only want for you to get well, my love." Kili sighed while standing. He kissed her on the forehead.

" I will sooner or later." Amanda smirked to him as he let out another sigh.

"I'll check on you later, my star." He whispered before leaving the room. Amanda grumbled and kicked the covers off because she was far too hot. As much as she loved Kili she hated to be babied by him all the time. She thought back to this morning when she snapped at him because he told her not to get out of bed. She sighed feeling terrible for yelling at him.

"Hi!" A voice called as the door opened and closed to reveal Fiona. Amanda smiled to herself as her best friend rushed over to her in a chirpy mood.

"Hey. I thought you'd be doing your queenly duties" Amanda smirked as she lay back against the backboard of her bed. Fiona grinned and removed her crown, scratching her tamed hair. Fiona always thought the crown itched like crazy.

"I told Thorin I was taking care of you today, no arguments!" She said sitting cross legged on the bed. She smoothed down her dress and leaned her elbows on her knees. They sat there in silence for a while until Amanda spoke up.

" Do you miss home?" She asked quickly to her friends.

" All the time." Fiona answered with a sad tone in her voice.

" Do you remember, when we were in america? You forced me in a wheel chair because I buggered my knee?" Amanda smirked to her as Fiona chuckled.

" And you tried to run over my toes the whole time because of that." Fiona laughed as she was joined by Amanda.

" Or the time in New York, when we ended up cycling the whole of Central Park because you got lost?" Fiona laughed out.

" Central Park is disorienting! I normally have a good sense of direction!" Amanda defended herself.

" Yeah well those were some good memories." Fiona said as they relaxed softly and Amanda smiled.

" You know, it isn't like you to get sick." Fiona said now concerned for her friends.

"I know. But I've been sick in the mornings, been eating more and I snapped at Kili earlier. I have been having very strange mood swings." Amanda mumbled. The girls were silent for a while until a thought popped into Fionas head.

"When was the last time you had your monthly meeting with Tom?" She suddenly asked. Amanda looked at her strangely and thought hard. But could no longer remember.

" You know what, I don't know." She muttered to herself. Their heads snapped up to stare at each other and fear grew evident in Amanda's eyes.

"You don't think?" Amanda asked Fiona as she did not know how to feel. Amanda never really gave it a thought. Sure she has slept with Kili on many, many occasions. That's what married couples do!