Climbing Trees

"Five, six, seven, eight...Bifur, Bofur...that's ten...Fili, Kili...that's twelve...and Bombur - that makes thirteen, Fiona and Amanda make fifteen. Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit? Where is our hobbit?!" Galdalf asked the company, hoping the hobbit was safe and well. Amanda leaned against Kili as she was tried and weiry from what had transpired. She slipped down to take a seat on a near by rock.

"Curse the halfling! Now he's lost?!" Dwalin yelled out in anger as they all looked around.

"I thought he was with Dori!" Gloin yelled his observation.

"Don't blame me!" Dori yelled in his defence.

"Well, where did you last see him?" Gandalf asked everyone. Waiting for answer from everyone.

"I think I saw him slip away, when they first collared us." Nori informed everyone what he had saw.

"What happened exactly? Tell me!" Gandalf ordered them all to inform him of what has happened since he had left.

"I'll tell you what happened. Master Baggins saw his chance and he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since first he stepped out of his door! We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone." Thorin growled as he walked about. Everyone looked to each other not knowing what to say.

"No, he isn't." Bilbo called as he came out from behind a tree. Everyone looks to him with joy, shook and relief about their features.

"Bilbo Baggins! I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life!" Gandalf says with a laugh happily. Bilbo stepped forward and place a hand on Balin shoulder.

"Bilbo, we'd given you up!" Kili smirked looking at Bilbo than to Amanda who Leander against his shoulder as they sat on a rock.

"How on earth did you get past the Goblins?!" Fili asked him with amazement.

"How, indeed." Dwalin asked showing interest. An awkward silence fell upon the company as Bilbo tries to think what to say. In the end, he gives a nervous laugh and puts his hand in his pocket. Amanda and Fiona looked to each other knowingly.

"Well, what does it matter? He's back!" Gandalf called out trying the change the subject.

"It matters! I want to know: why did you come back?" Thorin pushed him.

" Thorin." Amanda tried to stop him. But Thorin put his hand up to her stopping her from talking. He never even spared her a glance.

" I swear if I could fight, he would be on the ground by now." Amanda muttered lowly so that only Kili could hear. He chuckled in response to her anger and smiled.

"Look, I know you doubt me, I know you always have. And you're right, I often think of Bag End. I miss my books. And my armchair. And my garden. See, that's where I belong. That's home. And that's why I came back, cause you don't have one. A home. It was taken from you. But I will help you take it back if I can." After Bilbo speaks, there is silence as the dwarves and the girls think about what Bilbo said. In the distance the company could hear the growls of wargs sounding through the air. They immediately knew they were after them.

"Out of the frying pan..." Thorin began as he and Gandalf looked to each other.

"...and into the fire! Run! RUN!" Gandalf called and quickly leading them away from the wargs. As they run a warg tried to kill bilbo by snapping at his head. It flies right over him as he duck, it growls and stands to its feet. Growling it lunged for him again only to have Bilbo pushed his sword into its head killing it quickly.

"Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!"Gandalf instructed them all. Following him the dwarves bounded into the trees above them climbing as high as they could get. Bifur throws an axe, killing a Warg which was approaching him. Bofur jumps off a rock and grabs a tree branch, using Dwalin's head as a stepping stone to the tree. Other dwarves begin climbing into the trees as well. Bilbo tries to pull his sword out of the dead Warg's head, but it is stuck firmly and he cannot get it out. Amanda sees this and runs over to him, she helps him pull the small sword from the dead warg. She grabs the collar of his coat and easily launches him into a tree where he is caught by Fiona. Amanda then follows suit and easily swings into the tall tree.

"They're coming!" Thorin calls out as Gandalf climbs the furthest tree as Dwalin boosts Balin up. Thorin, Bombur, and the rest climb up trees as well as the main body of Wargs and Warg Riders approached. Bilbo and the girls watched as dozens of Wargs circle the trees in which the Company members where perched. Gandalf turned and reached out with his staff to pick up a moth that was sitting in the same tree as him. Bringing the moth close to his face, he whispered to it before he gentle blows it, causing it to flutter away. The Wargs ceased their growling and turn as the White Warg, with Azog on its back, approached slowly. Everyone looked to him not wanting to believe he was still alive.

"Azog?!" Thorin growled in disbelief.

"Nuzdigid? Nuzdi gast?" [Do you smell it? The scent of fear?]

"Ganzilig-i unarug obod nauzdanish, Torin undag Train-ob." [ I remember your father reeked of it, Thorin son of Thrain.] The pale Orc growled to Thorin. He just looked at him with a pain filled expression. The Pale Orc had captured his father. Fiona wanted so bad to go over an comfort him but was unable to as they perched in different trees.

"It cannot be." Thorin spoke to himself. Azog looked to his soldiers?

["Kod, Toragid biriz." [That one is mine.] Azog spoke about Thorin.

"Worori-da!" [Kill the others!] Giving out orders taste they seemed to like Wargs bounded forward smashing against the trees as they violently shook the trees.

" Fiona! Hold on!" Amanda called as their tree cracked.

" Amanda! Bilbo! Jump!" As their tree snapped and fell over. They three jumped off the fallen tree and onto the next one.

"Sho gad adol!" [Drink their blood!] Azog called out as more trees began to fall until they finally all of them ended up on the last tree. Azog laughed loudly as he smiled, watching them scramble.