Languages

(Bold - dwarvish
Italics -Elvish.)

" Amanda! Come please answer me!" Fiona shouted to her cell. They have been in the dungeons for no more than half a day now and Amanda has made no movement or spoke since she was dragged back.

" She will be fine, Fiona. You need to calm down." Thorin mumbled to her as he pulled her into his chest gently. Fiona buried her face into his chest trying to calm herself down.

" It's been half a day and Amanda has not even moved!" Fiona called out almost in a cry. She let a single tear if frustration.

" Would you stop, you whining is hurting my head!" Amanda moaned as she wearily picked herself off the ground. She sat up and every dwarf ran to their cell doors.

" Amanda!" Bofur called out in relief.

" Oh thank Durin." Balin said with a smile.

" Aye, you gave us quite the scare lass." Dawlin told her as she rubbed her aching head.

" Sorry." She muttered.

" What happened?" Fiona asked as she eyes Amanda's frame sit up. Thorin and her cell was left to Kili and across form Amanda.

" The king called me weak and childish." Amanda began placing a gentle touch to her bruised neck. She hissed in pain as she lightly brushed it.

" He did not like my answer." Amanda told them.

" My head was still spinning from falling the tree and hitting my head, so I was not able to act quick enough to stop him smashing me into a pillar." She continued on with all the dwarves and Fiona's ear listening. But what they did not know was that Legolas stood out of view listening to her voice as well.

" Causing more pain, so not only while my head while spinning. He gripped my throat, cutting of my airways. He gradually squeezed tighter and tighter. I though my neck was going to snap had it not been for his son, Legolas. He walked in and ripped his father off me just in time." Amanda smiled as she mentioned how Legolas had saved her from death at the hands of his father. Kili saw her smile and a feeling that he has never felt before erupted within him. He felt rage and anger toward Legolas in a way he has never felt before.

" You are live and well now. That is all that really matters to us." Balin said with his charming fatherly smile. Being the oldest of the dwarves he has been a father figure to most of them, always seeing the bright side of things.

" Why did you not tell us you could speak elvish? " Thorin asked.

" You kept it from Fiona as well." Thorin asked as Fiona heard the slight hurt in his voice.

" I know a lot of languages. Elvish, the tongue of men and the black tongue." Amanda spoke to him. Fiona walked over and looked at her.

" I even speak dwarfish." She muttered in Thorin's native tongue. Everyone stood in shook as Amanda shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

" How do you know all that?" Fiona asked her surprised.

" Well back home I studied it for a while, then when we arrived here. It was all just second nature." She murmured sliding her weak frame to the iron gate she looked to Fiona who too was at the gate of her cell, with a stunned Thorin behind her.

" You try it." Amanda asked her.

" I can't speak dw..." She began but was cut of by Amanda.

" Try it. Just close your eyes and think about it, real hard." Amanda told her and Fiona done as she was instructed.