My Angel, My Queen

Her hands shook nervously, as they tightened around the bouquet of blue roses and forget me knots. She could feel her heart racing wildly as she stood before the doors of the grand hall of Erebor. Today was a wedding day, but not just any wedding day. The wedding of the king under the mountain, and Fiona, his bride to be was to be crowned queen of Erebor. It worried her greatly. She was frightened to be queen, but she loved Thorin with all her heart.

"Oh bless my soul lass, he look like an angel sent from heaven" Bofur said as he approached her. Fiona blushed and smiled lightly. Her friend noticed her worried eyes "ye nervous about marryin Thorin?" He asked curiously. Fiona shook her head "of course not. It's a dream come true to be Thorins wife...it's being queen that worries me. Bofur what if I'm not a good enoug queen? What if I mess up?" She asked close to tears. Bofur smiled and took her shaking hand "ye WILL be a glorious queen. You have the will and the strongest heart to do so, Amanda will be there to help ye all the way. We will all be by your side and most of all ye will have Thorin by yer side. You have nothing to fear about being queen. Ye are kind and loving and that's what others like in a queen. They will love you" he said softly. Fiona was silent before she hugged him "how come you always know what to say?" She laughed. Bofur kissed her forehead "I have a way with words. Now! Are ye ready to get married?" He asked with a chuckle. Fiona nodded and looped her arm through his "more than I'll ever be" she said. The doors opened and the wedding march began to play softly as Bofur guided her down the isle. Kili who was at the top of the alter nudged his uncle, who slowly turned. He felt his breath hitch, and tears form at the brim of his eyes at the sight of his bride.

"Oh wow. She's gorgeous" Amanda grinned to her husband. Kili smiled and kissed her forehead "that she is. Uncles very lucky isn't he?" He asked. Amanda smiled "I think she's the lucky one to have found love at last. She's going to be very happy" she whispered as Fiona stepped up beside Thorin. Fiona handed her boquet to Amanda and turned back to Thorin, who had a tear roll down his cheek "my love. You look exquisite, beautiful, an angel from heaven" he whispered. Fiona lightly giggled and thanked him as Gandalf smiled at them "people of Erebor! On this day we join together for the Union of Thorin Oakinshield! And Fiona! The great Wolf Spirit! Thorin, Fiona please join hands" Gandalf instructed. Thorin grasped Fiona's small hand in his large ones gently.

"Please recite your vows" Gandalf instructed further. Thorin took a deep breath "Fiona, my angel from Valar. Before I met you I was a grumpy exiled king that did everything to take care of his people. When I first saw you back in the hobbit hole named bag end, I could not help but think, mahal she is an angel from heaven and to this day you are still my angel. I often wonder how I could have been so lucky to have found such a sweet, loving, caring, kind woman like you. Fiona you are my everything, my life, my heart. I promise to not only be your husband, but a loyal servent to you, your best friend, a shoulder to cry on and a faithful king. I Thorin son of Thrain, promise to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health until death do we part. I promise to hold onto the key to your heart, and never loose it again" he said bringing tears to Fionas eyes as he slid her silver wedding ring on her finger.

"And now you Fiona" Gandalf smiled. Fiona took a shaky breath and spoke

"Thorin. Your correct you were a very grumpy dwarf who cared for his people, but for most of my life, I never thought I could find someone like you. You had shown kindness, loyalty, honour and a willing heart for all the time we had been together.mYou taught me to let my heart go free, and not guard it from you,Today is a very special day. Long ago you were just a dream and a prayer. This day like a dream come true Mahal himself has answered that prayer. For today, Thorin Oakinshield you as my joy become my crown. I thank many for the honour of going through time with you. Thank you for being what you are to me. With our future as bright as the promises of Mahal I will care for you, honour and protect you. I lay down my life for you, my friend and my love. Today I give to you my heart forever. I Fiona, spirit of the Wolf tribe promise to have and to hold you from this day forward, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health until death do we part. I promise to be a faithful wife, your best friend, your queen. I will never keep my heart from you for as long as we live. I love you, to the moon and back again" she spoke as she slid Thorins ring on his finger. He took her hands and kissed them "I love you my angel from heaven" he whispered.

Gandalf smiled "Thorin. Do you take this woman to be your wife?" He asked.

"I do" he said

"and do you Fiona, take this dwarf to be your husband?" Gandalf asked. Fiona smiled widely "I do. A thousand times I do" she said through tears.

"Then by the power vested in me! I pronounce you dwarf and Wife! Thorin, you may kiss your bride" he winked. Thorin grinned and drew his wife close and kissed her gently. Fiona smiled and kissed him back before pulling away as Gandalf and Amanda approached them. Thorin and Fiona knelt before them.

"I crown thee Thorin Oakinshield! King under the mountain!" Gandalf announced as he placed Thorins crown on his head. Amanda smiled at her friend before her "I crown thee Fiona Oakinshield! Queen under the mountain!" She announced as she placed Fionas silver crown upon her head.

Thorin looped Fionas arm through his as they stood and turned to the guests "I present to you King Thorin and Queen Fiona! Long live the king and Queen under the mountain!" Amanda cheered. Everyone cheered and celebrated, chanting long live king Thorin, long live queen Fiona. Thorin smiled at his queen as he led her down the isle to the ball room where celebrations were made. In Dale people celebrated the coronation with music and dancing. It was a happy day for all.

When it quiet ended down Fiona and Thorin retired for the evening. That night, Fiona let her husband make love to her with no worries.

But many things would change after that night...