Escape to laketown

"We've lost the current!" Thorin yelled as everyone paddled with their hands.

"Anyone seen Fiona!?" Balin called. The said girl broke out from the waters surface, having fallen out of the barrel as they escaped.

"Here!" She called.

"We have to get to shore!" Thorin said. Fiona quickly swam to shore ahead of them and stood up. She began bringing her arms forward and backwards creating a small current to get them to shore quicker. She helped Thorin out of his barrel. He immediately held her in a tight embrace.

"Are you alright?" He asked, checking her over.

"Im...ok." She whimpered. Thorin saw her trying to keep in the tears but a few strayed down her cheek. He knew she worried for Amanda and held her close.

"She will be fine angel, do not worry." he said into her hair.

"She's still hurt from the forest...we have to go back and get her!" Fiona cried but Thorin held her firm

"We can't. We will all get captured again and I'm not letting you go alone! Beside...I believe she will get a little help." he admitted. Realisation dawned on Fiona and she nodded. Thorin kept his arm around her waist.

"Come on, we need to keep moving." He ordered.

"Kilis hurt, we need to bind his wound." Oin informed him. Fiona left thorins arms and rushed to Kili who was holding his leg. She looked over to Thorin who was about to protest but one look in her worried eyes melted him like butter.

"Alright. You have two minutes." Thorin said before walking off. Fiona blinded Kilis wound but noticed a look of guilt on his face.

"I should have helped her...instead I let her get captured." he whispered.

"You were shot Kili. There was nothing you could have done. Look Amanda's tough! She'll be fine" Fiona said positively. Kili looked at her with glassy eyes.

"how can you do that? Be so positive all the time?" He asked. Fiona smiled sadly.

"Most of my happiness was taken from me while I was a teenager. People tormented me and hurt me so much. I was sad for a long time. When I met Amanda she pushed away all those bad memories, and helped me make new ones. So even in the darkest of times I smile, because I know there is hope to turn on the light." She said softly. Kili smiled slightly and stood up with her. Suddenly they heard the string of a bow pull back and snapped their heads towards a figure. Dwalin lifted a log but the man shot it then shot a rock out of Kilis hand.

"Do it again and your dead." The man threatened. Everyone froze with their hands up in surrender. But Fiona flicked her wrist and without warning to the man a rope of water wrapped around him, causing a yelp to leave his mouth.

"Lad, she will release you if you promise not to hurt us" Dwalin warned. The man nodded and Fiona released him. He looked down at his soaking wet clothes then to Fiona. He was captivated by her innocent face for a brief moment before he shook his head.

"Thank you." He muttered. Fiona nervously smiled with a giggle.

"Hang on" she said dragging the water off his clothes so he was bone dry again. He thanked her again.

"Never before have I seen such magic." He said advancing towards her. Thorin stood before him, keeping Fiona behind him.

"It's ok Thorin" she said placing a hand on his shoulder. Fiona took the mans appearance in. He was tall and had shoulder length black hair that was tied in a half up half down style and he had a small beard. His eyes were a deep brown and he was built in some muscle. The man smiled and took Fionas hand in his, kissing it gently.