Death and Life

The sun rose above the horizon as the eagles flew over the lands with the company on their backs. Fili and Kili saw Thorin and Fiona together in one of the birds talons they looks as though they were embracing each other.

" Fiona! Thorin!" Fili yelled their names but got no response back from either. Kili turned his eyes along the Eagles in search for the one person he prayed was alright.

" Amanda!" He called but she was still as well, the way the eagle held her allowed the arrow in her heart on show. Her head hung loosely towards the ground. The eagles flew to a Carrock, that was oddly enough shaped like a bear. The Eagles began gently placing the dwarves down from their back onto the rocks below. The eagle who had Thorin and Fiona gently set them down, as the one with Amanda carefully set down her down not to far from Fiona and Thorin.

"Thorin! Amanda! Fiona!" Gandalf yelled as he rushed to them. He mumbled a few words and healed Thorin who gasped awake </p>

"the halfling...the girls" he whispered as his eyes scanned the grounds and over everyone.

"Bilbo is quite safe...the girls...." He trailed off looking at the still forms next to him. Thorin shot up in horror

"no....no no! Fiona don't you dare!" he growled gathering her in his arms. As he looked down at her, Kili took to his feet and raced forward, dropping down next to Amanda and gathered her in his shaking arms. Wanting all this to just be a dream.

"Gandalf! Please help them!" Kili begged the grey wizard. The old wizard nodded and mumbled the spell over Amanda, however she did not stir nor wake. Kili looked to Gandalf with fear at his confused face.

"No...." He whispered. Kili and Thorin watched as he rushed over to Fiona and began to mutter some words. She did not stir either. His eyes widened as he had feared the worst

"Thorin I....I am sorry" he said looking down at his only love. Her eyes opened gently looking to him. She smiled softly as her heavy eyes showed nothing but love. Thorin smiled gently and caressed her cheek " I love you." He whispered to her as Fiona smiled slightly more.</p>

" Thorin." Fiona started before she stopped. Her breathing stopped and her eyes closed, but the smile stayed on her lips as her head went limp

Kili watched them as his uncle had the last moments with Fiona and felt his heart break. He looked down at the woman he had fell in love with in his arms and felt tears streaming down his cheeks

"no....no Amanda" he sobbed, burying his face into her neck. Holding her close as possible.

" Kili." Amanda whispered to him through shallow breath. Kili brought his head up and looked into her dull brown eyes.

" I'm... sorry for that night." Amanda whispered to him, wanting to make up for her mistake of walking away from his kiss.

" It has all been forgotten." Kili whispered to her as he quickly placed a small kiss on her lips.

" I love you." He whispered through tears.

" I... Love..." She began before her eyes closed and she could not finished her sentence. He held her chin with one hand and rest his fore head onto hers.

Thorin pushed a small piece of dirty blond hair out of Fiona's peaceful face. Thorin could hear Kili break down as he yelled over the loss of his love. He himself had tried hard to keep it in but he let the tears flow freely. He let out a mournful cry and held his love tightly to him

"Why... Why did you have to do that. If you had just stayed on the tree." Thorin sobbed to her, wishing she had never gone after him. For if she hadn't she would not be like this in his arms.