Ch-12 Don't Judge Me

Chandni woke up in the middle of the night. Her room was empty, but it had his scent. He came, but left.

Chandni got up and went outside with a hope to find him somewhere. She wanted to see him, hug him, confess her love to him.

It wasn't Destiny, it was she who gave up upon him because of her self-doubts.

And now when she realized it, she wanted to embrace his love.

His scent was still mixed in the air, which meant he left not long before. He would be awake, hopefully.

The house was huge, more like a maze. She heard a bang from a room in the opposite direction. She silently went closer. She hoped it was Ang. That's when she unintentionally heard a conversation which was better not heard.

"I told you it's a bad idea."
It was Angraj, his voice held frustration.

"Yaar, I had no idea that Chandni would be present there. And how could I predict that she will take the bullet which was meant to target you."
It was probably Sahib's voice.
He tone was equally frustrated.

"Whatever! But she got injured because of your stupid plan."

"You are an ungrateful man. I planned all this to save you from that ACP's suspicion."

"That ACP! Most of the time senior police officials are corrupted. Why on my turn I had to face such an honest one?"

"Raj, if we look at the positive side then everyone thinks that you were the target. Means the whole situation will appear as our father's assassin tried to assassinate you as well."

Our father!?
Sahib is Ang's brother?
But no one knows about it.
Why they kept it secret?

Chandni didn't want to eavesdrop drop but her curiosity didn't let her simply ignore it.

"That's right. But have you thought that police will never ever leave this case without finding the culprit. It's a damn minister's murder case. What will we do about that?"

"Why don't we target Singhal? He is also a big bastard just like our father."

"Hmm, he is no different. He abused his wife, had multiple affairs, even raped many innocent girls. His daughter was forced to marry me. But I must say she is sharp-minded. She can handle Singhal's business more efficiently and honestly."

"So Singhal is done?"

"Yeah, but make sure his death looks like an accident. After that create evidences which prove him to be responsible for our father's murder and my attack."

"Don't worry. It will be done in the next twenty-four hours."

As Sahib opened the door, he found Chandni standing there. Her shocked expression clearly proved that she heard their conversation.

Angraj and Sahib, both were astonished but not scared. Sahib looked at Angraj, as a gesture to ask 'what now?'.
Angraj simply mouthed him 'leave' and he left with a nod.

"Chanda..."

She got startled at his voice. She was afraid of him now.

He moved closer to her, but she moved back.

"There is no need to be afraid of me. We are friends, Chanda." He again tried to reach her.

Her eyes were teary. She turned to leave, but his words halted her steps.

"Please, don't judge me."

She turned to look at him.

Helplessness, was what he was feeling at that moment.
Chandni was the love of his life and her fear for him pierced his heart. He was afraid of this day since the beginning.

He forwarded his hand. She hesitated for a minute but held it. He pulled her into a hug which instantly relaxed both of them.

After a long hug, he pulled apart. She calmed down. He took her to the room where she was living. He made her sit on the bed and himself sat on his knees in front of her, holding her hands in his.

He caressed her hands gently, trying to gather some courage for what he was going to confess. It was hard for him. He could bear anyone's hate, but not her.

What if she began hating her?

What if she judged him?

What if she failed to understand him?

He looked her face, she was looking at him. She was silent, but restless. His eyes expressed all his fears, which she understood.

He was afraid to lose her love for him.

She cupped his face and kissed his forehead.

"I won't judge you, I promise."

Her words held honesty and trust, which encouraged him to speak.

"I killed my father........."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Cliffhanger!

Sorry, but not sorry.
Any guesses, what will happen next?