Ch-11 It's You and Only You

She opened her eyes as a sharp beam of sunlight disturbed her long slumber.

It wasn't her home, it was a lavish and luxurious room.

She examined her surroundings. She was lying on a king-sized bed. Wearing a loose white Kurta that belonged to Ang, because it had his scent. Her left arm was plastered, it was hurting a little. Her hair was open and quite messy.

The room was majestic. Chandelier on the ceiling, antique vases at every corner. Theme was golden, a very unique choice. For a moment she felt like she woke up into a fairytale. Where she is a princess, who was sleeping for a long period. Just like Sleeping Beauty.

But the only difference was that her prince didn't came to wake her up.

Her 'larger than life' thoughts came to an end as she heard melodious sound of anklets. Soon a lady in her fifties entered in the room. She was wearing a dull white sari, but her smile made her shine.

"Good morning, Chanda."

Chandni turned to the lady with a surprised look.

She called her 'Chanda'.
But only Ang calls her that.

"How's your arm now?" The lady asked.

"Better." She replied in a hesitant tone.

"Hmm, are you hungry?"

She nodded.

"Tell me, what will you like to eat?"

"Anything."

"So you are Angraj's girlfriend?"

"No no no! We are only friends! Nothing more."

The lady laughed. Finally Chandni gave her a full sentence answer.

"I was just kidding. I'll make aloo parantha for you."

She was about to leave when Chandni called her.

"Auntie!"

She turned around.
"Yes?"

"Who are you?"

"Angraj's mother."
And she went away, shocking the innocent girl.

"He has such a cool mother."
That was her reaction to the revelation. She liked his mother on the first meeting itself. She is an easy-going person, unlike those typical melodramatic mothers.

After exact fifteen minutes Angraj's mother returned with a tray of food in her hands.

"Here's the food. Eat properly, you haven't eaten anything for last twenty-four hours."

"What had exactly happened?"

Angraj's mother, Ashlesha, first made her eat a morsel and then began speaking.

"As you were shot at your left arm Angraj immediately took you to the hospital. You were unconscious, maybe because you weren't able to handle the pain and passed out. Blood lose weakened your health. Bullet was removed and blood lose was also cured. Due to the effect of sedatives you were unconscious for last twenty-four hours."

"Where am I?" She asked while continuing to eat from Ashlesha's hand.

"You are in our home."

Angraj's home!

"But why I am wearing his Kurta?"

Ashlesha chuckled.
"Actually there is no girl in this house. And I only had saris. So I had only one option to make you wear Raj's Kurta."

"When I can leave?"

"You should ask this question to Raj. He has brought you here. Moreover, you aren't leaving this place before proper recovery."

"But I have a home, a job. I don't have any reason to live here."

"You don't need reasons. I mean, Angraj should be the enough reason."

"You will yourself throw me out when you will get to know about my background."
She said pathetically.

"That you are a prostitute's daughter?"

Chandni was beyond shocked. How could that lady take this piece of information so lightly? Anyone else at her place wouldn't have even let her enter in her home.

"Background doesn't define a person. Character is the real definition of personality. Trust me, I have seen many sinners disguised as saints. And many saints trapped in the false sins."

Her words soothed Chandni's soul.

"Still I don't have any reason to be here. Our paths have been parted long time ago."

"If your path was different from his, then why you both met again? Let's just leave this philosophical talks and come to the main point. He loves you and you too love him. And don't say that you both are not destined to each other. Destiny is all about chances. You got a chance, you grabbed it and got a successful life. You missed the chance, doomed and terribly failed in your life. It's not Destiny, it's You and only You."

With that she left with an empty tray.

It's not Destiny, it's You and only You.

Chandni's mind kept repeating these words. Like it depicts on her life. It is the answer to all her questions to her life.

"She is right." Was her last thought before drifting into sleep.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

It's not Destiny, it's You and only You.

Well, sometimes I become philosophical, which I am really proud of.

Unknowingly I actually found answers to my few questions by myself.

I hope you too understood my point.