Ch-9 Alliance & Assassination

The door opened and she entered in her new abode. For the first time in her life she felt what a home feels like. It is a place where we feel safe and serene.

"So you liked your new home?" Sahib asked her.

She nodded, still admiring the humble place.

"I know it's small...."

"But it's home. That's all I want."

He smiled at her words.

"You are supposed to work at a nearby school as a dance teacher. It is okay for you?"

"It's more than okay."

"Have a great life ahead. I am leaving now."

He walked to the main door.

"Sahib..."

"Yes?"
He turned back.

"Will he be a part of my this great life ahead?"
She asked the question which was bothering her for long.

He smiled.
"He will be... only if you have a courageous heart to accept the real him."
And he left.

His words perplexed her. But she shrugged it off, for now.

☆☆☆

Chandni was imagining what would be her mother's reaction when she'll find that she ran away.

She will be very angry. She will throw things here and there in rage. She will curse her daughter. But at the end, she will accept the truth.

Chandni sat on a couch, switched on the t.v. while peeling an apple. She was watching a news channel.

"Politician Vijay Shekhawat's son Angraj Shekhawat is going to marry businessman Ravi Singhal's daughter..."

Something broke...
Her heart.
She knew it was meant to broke. Yet it hurt so much.

A tear escaped her now red eyes. But she smiled. It was nothing to cry for.

Heart is meant to break and it will break not once but again and again. But it will mend again, only if you have a will to continue your life without holding any more grudges.

And she had that will.

Because she had just started to live. Till now she was alive, but not living. Now she has what she always longed to have.

What if she had feelings for him? This new life is given by him. She should be praying for his bright future.

And that's what she will do.

No one gets more than what is destined to the one.
Maybe love wasn't destined to her.

☆☆☆

It was his wedding. The moon was shining to it's fullest. Angraj was getting jealous of the moon. Because moon has it's moonlight. But he lost his moonlight, his Chandni.

That night everything was going to change. Something that will apart him from her forever. He will never be able to become a part of her life ever again.

She must have got to know about his wedding. She would be crying yet smiling.

Will he be able to live without her?

Will he ever forget her?

Will he ever stop loving her?

His answer was No.

But he was doing it for her good. His companionship will only ruin her innocence. And he never want this to happen.

"Raj!" His mother entered in his room. She tensed up looking at his grim face. She was his mother and she knew he wasn't happy with this marriage. But she also knew he wasn't going to back off.

"Yes, Maa."

He stood up from the couch and walked to her. She lovingly cupped his face and kissed his forehead. He smiled faintly.

"Are you happy?" That was her question.

He tried to smile but failed.
"It shouldn't matter, Maa. My happiness will ruin everything. Let it be."

"You shouldn't have agreed. This alliance is just a business deal for your father. He only wants financial support from Mr Singhal for his party."

"Nothing can be altered now. What is going to happen, will happen, for sure. Just smile and accept it."

She chuckled.
"My son has really changed. I have noticed it, Raj. You have changed yourself into a better person. You know what, my marriage was also just a deal. My father was a political leader, quite similar to your father. He got me married to Vijay to have a heir who is just like him. He thought about power, not his daughter. My life got ruined by marrying Vijay. Please don't do this marriage."

"Maa, even if I want, nothing can be changed now. Please, trust me."

He hugged his mother, finally he found some peace, in his mother's embrace.

☆☆☆

He was sitting in the mandap. A priest was chanting holy mantras. Fire was igniting in front of him. But it's flames were nothing as compared to the burning sensation in his heart.

The bride arrived and sat beside him. But he was lost in his grimace to even notice her.

Priest asked him to fill vermilion on bride's hairline. Unwillingly he picked a tint of vermilion with his fingers and was about to fill her hairline but........

A gunshot!

The hall boomed with the bang of a gunshot. And the very next moment Vijay Shekhawat was lying on the ground lifelessly.

Vijay Shekhawat got assassinated on his son Angraj Shekhawat's wedding!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Just couldn't hold myself anymore. This is the turning point of the story.

Any guesses what is coming?