✰ 39 ✰

♥︎ 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 ♥︎

The very second she knew it was completely safe, Brooklyn threw herself straight back into Scott's arms, burying her head in his neck as she held onto him like it would be her last time. The McCall boy instantly returned the gesture, one hand resting on the back of her head while the other wrapped around her waist securely. Brooke felt her eyes water with happiness as she was finally back in the arms of her true love after so very long.

The other three that were with them turned and walked a little away allowing the couple to reunite in peace. Though even Peter wore a small smile as he saw the pure delight on his Great Niece's face.

Brooklyn pulled her head back but still kept her body pushed up against his as she cupped Scott's face in her hands and stared up into his chocolate eyes with so much love. The boy's eyes kept scanning her face over and over as if he was checking that she was real. "You're here. You're actually here." Scott breathed as a couple of tears slipped from his eyes.

Brooke wiped the droplets away, nodding her head with her voice full of emotion as she replied, "Yeah, yeah I am." Not being able to take it any longer, Scott leaned his head down to hers and captured her lips in a strong kiss. They kissed like the world was about to end and this would be their last few moments together. They kissed like it would be the thing to end all suffering. They kissed like there was nothing else in the whole universe that they'd rather be doing.

And there wasn't.

As they pulled away for breath and stared into the eyes they fell in love with once again they both decided one thing. They would never be parted like that again. Watery laughs escaped their lips as Brooke's head came to rest on Scott's chest while their arms still kept each other impossibly close. "I missed you. So damn much." the Hale girl confessed. With her head on his chest she was able to breath in his familiar scent which she subconsciously associated with home.

"Me too." Scott admitted. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and leant his head on top of hers when he remembered something. He moved one arm from around her and reached into his front pocket, his fingers enclosing around a slip of paper. He held it out to the girl who had a cute, slightly puzzled look on her face. "I kept this safe for you." he told her.

Taking it from his hand, Brooklyn unfolded the piece of paper. A large smile overtook her face as she stared down at the photo of ten-year-old her and her father in the Hale House. "It's what made me remember you. Your relic." Scott explained as his thumb wiped away the new tears falling down her cheeks.

Placing the paper in her pocket, Brooke gazed up at her boyfriend with such emotion that made his heart swell. "I love you. So much." she expressed, standing onto her tippy toes to press a kiss to his lips.

Scott's arms tightened around her as she buried her head back into his chest with small, happy sobs shaking her body. He rested his chin atop her head. "I love you so much too."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Scott and Brooklyn arrived at the McCall house a while later that evening. The Hale girl really didn't feel like departing from her boyfriend right now, let alone be alone, so obviously the boy had invited her around to stay the night at his. Though it wasn't exactly out of the usual, she spent most of her nights there anyway.

As they got in through the front door, they were immediately met with Melissa pouncing up from her seat on one of the stools beside the breakfast bar and rushing over to them. Scott's hand was pulled out of Brooklyn's as his mum wrapped his up in an extremely tight hug. She pulled back only to keep a grip on his shoulders a scan him over for injuries despite knowing of his quickened healing and his girlfriend's abilities.