✰ 27 ✰

⇨ 𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 ⇨

Brooklyn was still with the three boys in the woods when they came across a shed-like structure made of wood. Liam raced up to it, about to fling open the door when his arm was caught ahold of. "Listen." Scott instructed his beta.

Without supernatural hearing, Brooke couldn't hear what he was talking about but she didn't have to guess when Liam said, "It's him." The young boy flung open the door and sprinted inside. The others followed behind him, at a calmer pace.

"Mason?" Liam whisper called. They ended up walking down a couple of steps and into some underground bunker-type place. Different roots had grown through cracks in the roof and layered the walls and floor as well as the railing along the staircase. There was four lights illuminating the place and the light reflected off some of the cleaner metal drum tanks dotted around.

The four of them reached the bottom of the stairs and rounded a large container to see Mason sat on the floor. The boy was propped up against two tanks that were filled with a green liquid and a body. He didn't seem to be in the best condition with his head hanging down and a pipe stuck in the back of his neck that connected him to the tanks. Brooklyn's eyebrows drew together. Why didn't she sense it?

Liam, Scott and Brooke all raced to their friend and knelt down in front of him. The younger boy placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder and looked him over worriedly. "What is this thing?" Liam questioned.

"I don't know." Theo answered. Brooklyn continued to look at the tank. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good.

"Liam," Mason managed to say through his trembling lips, "I can feel it. It's in my skull."

An extra layer of panic reached Liam's face as the boy said those words. "Don't move." he commanded.

"Careful." Scott commented.

Liam turned back around to look at Theo. "What are they doing to him?"

"I don't know." the chimera repeated annoyedly.

"Guys, just focus." Scott said, trying to prevent a fight. He then glanced towards the injured boy sympathetically. "Mason, we're gonna get you out of here." Knowing that Brooke couldn't touch him, Scott looked at his beta as he whispered, "Hold him still."

Liam nodded, placing his hands on Mason's leg and shoulder. "Okay. All right." the True Alpha muttered. "I'm going to try to pull it out." he announced to Mason. "Let me know if it hurts."

Scott met Brooklyn's eyes quickly before he wrapped a hand around the pipe. He barely pulled on it when Mason let out a loud groan of pain. "It hurts!" the poor boy exclaimed. "It definitely hurts."

Liam gazed at his best friend anxiously. He didn't like seeing him like this. Brooke looked at the two werewolves worriedly saying, "Scott barely moved it."

They couldn't dwell on that for long when a sound absolutely none of them wanted to hear rang through the place. The sound of Dread Doctors appearing.

Brooklyn and Scott quickly stood up and moved to stand next to Theo. They looked at each of the doctors surrounding them from all different directions. "They wanted us here." the chimera uttered.

"Liam, try to get that thing out of Mason's neck." Scott instructed. The ground shuddered as another Doctor with a cane approached from the side muttering as he walked around the container towards them. "Theo... Theo Raeken."

"He's coming with us." the chimera stated.

The doctor took no notice and continued. "Failure... Theo Raeken."