✰ 46 ✰

⬅︎ 𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓵𝓼 ⬅︎

Brooklyn stood back in the main room of Beacon Hills Sheriff's Station with Monroe and her annoying band of followers still dutifully watching outside and containing the others in the building. Scott had gone to talk to the Sheriff in his office about the colour of Jiang and Tierney's eyes. The Hale girl could see through the small gap in the blinds that the two were having a hard time agreeing.

However, her eyes tore away from them as one of the windows broke and whizzing sound zoomed past her. She blinked in shock as an arrow lodged itself into the back wall of the room, pinning something up with it. As everyone else in the room let out shocked and worried noises, Brooklyn made her way to the weapon and yanked it out from the wall. The rest of the pack crowded around her as she slid what she could now see was a folded piece of paper off of the arrow.

She unfolded it to reveal a green background with a bloodied number seven on it. "This is Brett's number." Liam told them, taking the slip of paper from the girl's hands.

"They're trying to rattle us." Lydia realised.

"It's working." Theo commented as his eyes found a furious Liam. The beta's eyes coming to glow golden.

But before they could tackle that problem, a scream sounded from deeper in the station.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

"That wasn't just panic." Lydia said as the she, Brooke, Scott and the Sheriff stared down at the bodies of the two deputies. The scream that they had heard had come from the dead woman as she walked into the holding cells room to see that her fellow colleague had hung himself. Then as Parrish and the Sheriff began cutting him down, she'd shot her self in the mouth saying there was no hope. "It's in here with us."

A wave of unease washed over the others when the words escaped her mouth, their bodies tensing. "What do you mean?" the Sheriff asked.

"Whatever's causing the fear. The same thing that drove the wolves to kill each other. It's here with us." Lydia clarified.

"Guys, it's almost midnight. We're out of time." Scott reminded.

"I've already got two bodies. I'm not giving Monroe two more." the Sheriff affirmed.

Scott's and Brooke's eyes cast back down to the bodies in sadness when they both suddenly had an idea. The very same idea.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

"I watched two guys bring them in and tie them up." Theo explained to Brooke and Scott as they rushed about the police station.

"Okay, but how long did they have Jiang and Tierney for?" Brooklyn questioned.

"A couple hours, maybe." Theo answered.

Scott parted the blinds slightly and looked out of the window of the main door at the leader of the people gathered outside. "Did Moroe talk to them?"

Theo shook his head. "No. I don't think so. Just that guy from Eichen, maybe one or two other guys with shotguns. I think they were waiting for Monroe to do the real interrogating."

"So she might not have seen them." Brooklyn checked. The chimera nodded.

"What are you getting at, you two?" Stilinski inquired as he also came to stand with them by the front door.