✰ 2 ✰

▵ 𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓸 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓼 ▵

"And you." Stiles said. He grabbed ahold of Brooke's wrist as she walked down the corridor the opposite way to them, not paying attention. Her whole body turned as she now kept up with the Stilinski boy who was acting like he was on a mission. Scott trailing behind them wordlessly.

"What is going on?" Brooklyn questioned. She was very confused as to why the Stilinski had suddenly grabbed her while she was just going about her free period.

"We're talking to Theo." was all Stiles answered as he continued to drag her along. The Hale girl looked to Scott who just gave her an unhelpfully shrug that said 'I can't do anything'.

Stiles shoved open the door to the boys locker room and stormed inside. Brooke's face immediately scrunched up. "It stinks in here." she complained, "Like BO and a million and one farts." Her poor nose being assaulted with the horrid stench.

"Quit your whining." Stiles replied. "We're about some very important detective work that could, quite frankly, save our lives."

"I really don't think-" Scott began to say before Stiles shushed him. The Alpha just raised his hands in surrender. When Stiles was on a mission it was best not to get I his way. Or you'd get an earful.

Stiles released the girl, going to lean against some lockers as the couple leaned against some others next to each other. When Theo came in, he was immediately bombarded with questions by the Stilinski. Which is how he ended up telling them his story.

"I was skating in a neighbour's empty pool, trying to do a handplant. Nobody was home. I'm not that good of a skateboarder, but I guess I was feeling pretty determined because I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realise it was night until the yard lights came on.

Like I said, I wasn't very good. On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting there at the bottom of the pool and I realised something. I never heard the board come back down. It came at me fast. I barely had a chance to turn around before it bit me right here." he said, pointing at the right side of his abdomen.

"It wasn't an accident. He wanted to turn you." Brooklyn informed him.

"Right. So why aren't you part of his pack then?" Stiles questioned. "Why didn't he come back for you?"

"Because by the time of my first full moon, he was dead." Theo answered.

"How did you know that?" Stiles inquired.

"I met another one of his pack a couple weeks later. He told me the Alpha that bit me was killed by two of his own Betas. They were twins." Theo told him. Brooke and the two best friends shared a look. Ethan and Aiden.

"Scott, listen to my pulse. I'm telling you the truth." Theo claimed.

"Right. Or you just know how to steady your own heart rate while you're lying your ass off." Stiles quipped, moving a little closer to the werewolf and his friends.

"Why would I lie?" Theo pondered.

"Because maybe you're not who you say you are." the Stilinski responded with his usual level of suspicion.

"Okay." Theo said, turning to look at Scott, "In fourth grade you had an inhaler, I had one too. I remember this day where I ended up in the nurse's office with an asthma attack. A bad one. I was waiting to be taken to the ER. You were waiting for the principal. You told me what would happen when you go to the ER for asthma. How they give you oxygen, and an IV of prednisone. You made it sound easy. Like everything would be okay."