Chapter 11

"What's your name?" the bartender asks.

"Y/N." I respond as someone asks for another drink.

The bartender nods his head as he reaches for the respective bottle.

He places three ice cubes into the cup before pouring the liquid into a glass.

Sliding the glass to the person from before, he turns back to me.

"He said to not let you through if you couldn't get these three riddles." the bartender says as he tosses a small towel over his shoulder.

"Well the faster you tell me the question, the faster we can get through this, right?" I say.

"He also said if you had an attitude to add a question."

Of course he fucking did.

I give him a fake smile, motioning for him to continue.

"He also said if you got any wrong, you'd have to do something for him." the bartender says as he closes the bottle and places it under the counter.

"Okay, what's first?" I ask, politely of course.

The bartender digs in his pocket and pulls out a paper as he begins to read off the question. "For the first one, what starts with an E and ends with an E, but only has one letter in it."

(A.N: If you want you can play along 😂.)

"Starts and ends with an E, but only has one letter?" I ask, wanting the process to go through as smoothly as humanly possible.

"Yes, ma'am." he says.

I nod my head as I begin to think to myself

If it only has one letter in it and starts and ends with an E than it should be E, right?

"E?" I say, not fully sold on my own answer, but it was as close as I was going to get.

He skims the paper as his eyes land on what he was looking for. "Nope."

"What?" I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's not what's written on the paper." the bartender says with a shrug.

"Then what the fu-," I pause before clearing my throat. "What was the answer?"

"It says the answer is an Envelope." the bartender reads.

My face drops as I internally roll my eyes. I sigh before looking back at the bartender. "What's your name?" I asks him.

"My name?" he asks confused.

"Yes, I don't like talking to strangers." I say as I lean my chin on my palm with my elbow resting against the table.

"Rome." he says as he picks up the paper again.

Okay, Rome.

"What's your quirk, Rome?" I ask.

"Don't you want to get back to Dabi? Stop asking questions and just listen." Rome says.

"You piece of-,"

"Now you have 5 questions." Rome says.

I look at the man in front of me before blinking slowly and sighing. "Please continue, kind sir."

Rome clears his throat before scanning through the page again. "What has many keys, but can't open a single lock?" Rome asks.

Has many keys, but can't open a single lock. Okay, think. Keys what has keys? Keychains, but that opens locks. Oh! Got it.