Chapter 9

"Yeah, I'll meet you there." I say as I end the call.

My head has been scrambling ever since I left the hospital. I took a poor citizens' life and the mother knew.

I wanted to apologize, over and over again, but my mentor said it would put the Hero Society in hot water.

Fuck, Y/N. If only you weren't so cocky. You should've just waited. Your mentor would've been there soon and this wouldn't have happened.

I push open the door to the building and head straight to the bar. Taking a seat, I wait for the bartender to finish with another customer.

"What would you like, miss?" the bartender asks.

"Can I just have something at random? You can pick." I tell the bartender.

He nods his head and goes to make my drink as I sit back, waiting for anything, anything at all, to happen.

I pull out my phone and text Riot that I was here and wait for my drink to come.

"Here you go, ma'am." says the bartender. He places my drink in front of me as I offer him a small smile.

"Thank you." I says as I grab the drink and quickly drink it, ready to forget about all my worries.

I hear the door of the bar open, and I turn around to see if Riot had finally came.

My eyes land on a black haired male, probably in his early twenties.

Wow, his eyes. A sharp, bright, turquoise color.

He had on a jacket that covered up to half of his face and his hood on.

Whatever.

Where the fuck is Riot?, I think to myself. I sigh before holding my hand up to get the bartender's attention.

"Excuse me, can I get another drink?" I ask.

He nods as a presence takes a seat next to me.

Ignoring the person, my phone dings and I pull it out quickly. Great. Now Riot could get here and I can finally get drunk.

Spike
You know Mr.Kinner's death
wasn't your fault.

But, I can't make it to the bar tonight.

Me
What? Why? Did something happened?

Spike
Present Mic and I have to deal
with a bank robbery. But we can do
it another time!

Me
Oh, I understand, lol.
Don't sweat it.

"Here's your drink." says the bartender as he places it on the bar in front of me.

"Thank you." I say with another smile.

"You can put that on my tab." the person on my right says.

My eyes glance to my side as the person takes down their hood, revealing dark burns under their eyes, with what looks like piercings surrounding the burn.

I furrow my eyebrows as the bartender nods their head and walks away.

"Thanks." I say before grabbing the cup and taking a couple of gulps.

"No problem. So what's your name?" the stranger next to asks.

My eyes slightly widen as I place the halfway empty cup down.

I know he doesn't think just because he willingly bought my drink, we're gonna have a conversation.

I glance back over to him before looking around, "Me?" I ask.