Chapter 1

A/N: I feel like I have to write this 😭😭 Guys if you have not read the first book, A Time Like This, please do not continue to read or you will be ✨confused✨!! Okay, that's enough 😌✌🏾.
---------------------------

Running through the street, I hear screams coming from a building that looks sketchy.

"Okay, I know it's your first day, but we're going to have to deal with this." my mentor says.

First day on the job, and I have to deal with a bigger bust than other heroes.

I wasn't complaining because I was going to show them what I could do. I didn't want to be babied around, so it was great that this had to happen now.

Not that I'm happy people are in danger, but danger helps me more than it helps you, so.

Running to the front of the building, we see the door wide opened, with several people rushing out.

"Hold on, I have to call for back up." my mentor says turning around, taking a few steps away from the building. "This is bigger than I thought." I hear him mutter.

I examine the entrance as all the people finally make their way out.

I see it looks like something I wasn't expecting. Instead of a murderer who looked to be on their way to fight heroes, it was just an empty hallway.

"Okay, back up will be here in 10-15 minutes." my mentor says making me draw my attention back to him.

"Let's go in and look around."

"Yes sir." I say as he takes the lead.

Following my mentor into the building, we stop next to the stairs.

"Okay, I'll take the bottom two floors and you take the top two." he says looking up the stairs.

"Yes, sir." I say as I make my way toward the first step.

"If you see anything, report it back to me." he says seriously.

"Of course, sir." I say with a nod.

He nods back before turning to go to his first door on the left.

I make my way up the stairs, skipping the second floor and opening the doors on the third.

Walking through the hallway, it's uneasily quiet.

I turn to the first door on my left, looking to see of any marks.

Taking a deep breath, I brace myself and kick open the door.

"Keep your hands up!" I yell into the room.

Looking around, I see a room with a white board on the wall, desk and chair. Like a classroom.

Entering the room, I look around. Holding my hands up incase of an unexpected threat, I kick around some desks.

"Y/N, do you see anything yet?"

"No, sir. I'm still checking, but so far nothing." I respond.

"Okay, make sure to check in."

"Will do, sir."

Scanning the room once more, I see a bookshelf in the corner.

"No fucking way." I say to myself.

Walking to the bookshelf, I pull out some books waiting for something to happen.

I get to the middle of the bookshelf and unsurprisingly, a book stands on its own.

With a small smile, I pull the book causing the bookshelf to move.