Challenge

The screen lit up, the guy with Thee long black hair was sitting in a chair. "You may not know me, but I'm just here to send you message that Junko had made me send to you. If you're really watching this, congratulations, you're about 1/5ths to escaping. You're set into an escape room to be tested by Junko, and being timed as well. However, time with watching the cassette tapes won't be counted. Yes, there'll be a lot more cassette tapes along the way, we'll be notified when any cassette has been played. Try to escape, and try to put up with whatever Junko is thinking."

The screen went blank, I stared at the screen, cursing the world for having to go through this. In the corner of the room, I noticed something there. It was a huge mallet, pen, notebook, and backpack. I picked up the items, and went back inside the building to grab some snacks and water to put into my backpack. I went back into the room, put my backpack on my back, and repeatedly swung the mallet at the wall, until it revealed a hallway.

  I walked into the hallway, it had a hospital feel, there weren't any lights except for emergency lights. There were rooms that looked like conference rooms, and rooms that were barricaded. I swung my mallet at one of the barricaded rooms. I turned on the light, and saw a table with safety glasses. On a chalkboard in chalk, it read, "safety first!", with a smiley face. I found that to be quite ironic considering the danger my life is in.

  I looked around for anything else in the room and found some markers and crayons with a sticky note that read, "for you bestie!" I picked them up, held them upside down, and shook them to make sure Thee wasn't anything dangerous inside. I picked up the crayons and markers, and put them in the box and in my backpack, then moved on to the next room.

  This room was completely smeared with paint, with a message on the board saying "be creative". There was a cassette tape again, so I picked it up and placed it into the cassette player. This time, it was Mukuro. "You've made it to this room, there's a challenge in this one. The door has automatically locked so to get through you'll have to defeat the challenge."

I looked around the room but couldn't find anything. I looked inside the jacket cupboards, still nothing. I looked under one of the tables, to find a small note taped under. I took off the tape and read the letter. It read, "Imanan Ikaihc" Confused, I turned the paper over to find a really detailed drawing. The drawing was probably put there to prevent me from looking at it backwards, which would most likely mean that this has a special meaning. I took a marker out of my backpack, and spelled out the words, starting backwards. "Chiaki Nanami? The hell does Chiaki have to do with this?"

The door unlocked, indicating I had finished the challenge. Even so, I stayed there standing, wondering why is Chiaki being mentioned here to something completely irrelevant to her. I started thinking maybe she has something to do with this within the shadows, or maybe Junko was planning to do something to her? I set my notebook and marker into my backpack, and set the small note as well. The drawing was hand-drawn, so I wanted to the note to appreciate the anonymous artist who made it.

I left the room, and went on to the next room. I swung my mallet, and entered in. This room was messy, and smelled like fish and rotting puke. It looked empty, but I had a feeling there was something in here. I looked around, and to my surprise, I found a dead body. It had a pikachu hoodie, to which I recognized to be one of the student council members. Well, former student council member.. I walked out of the room, and hoped that her unfortunate soul was now resting in peace.

  I went back into the hallway, looking for any more barricaded rooms. There weren't any more, so I finally went to one of the open rooms. In there, I found a cassette tape. As if it was a routine, I played the tape. Junko was there this time. "Heyyyy, long time no see? Or maybe you're seeing a cassette of me for the first time? I highly doubt that though. You're pretty predictable, I assume you started with the barricaded rooms? I'm right, right? Any who, there's no challenge in this room, I just wanted to talk and give you some questions. What did you think of the dead body? I bet you almost pissed yourself. Second, what do you think about the note?

  Suspicious? You would think she's completely irrelevant. She is. Not until a few weeks later though. Just keep a sharp mind, because you're about to experience some crazy shit.
Bye bye!" The tape ended, so I walked out to the next room, the last room. Feeling exhausted of this stupid game, it took me a little longer than usual to walk over to the room. In there, was a bunch of confetti, and a fake cake. On the chalkboard, it said, "for you bestie! Good job!" I left the room, and in desperate need of wanting to leave, I sprinted down the hall, not caring about my exhaustion anymore.

Down the hall was a door. I opened it, which led to outside. To my surprise, I had completely forgotten that I still don't know where exactly I am. Outside was a nice meadow with a concrete-made bench. I laid down on my stomach on top of the bench, to catch my breath and cool my mind for a moment. A lot has happened, and I'm tired of it. I just want things to go back to how it used to be. Falling asleep, I was interrupted to the sound of footsteps. Alarmed, I grabbed my mallet for self defense. "Calm down, it's only me." Junko sashayed over to me.

  "What more do you want from me?" Junko laughed and said "I'm here because I don't really think I need you anymore. The public had announced you as missing a few weeks back when you were cooped up in that apartment-like building. It doesn't matter if anyone sees you anyway now, many things had happened, but there's more to come in a nearby future. Go back to doing what you normally do with that kumbaya shit you and your classmates enjoy so much. It was interesting having you for a while, bye bye!" Junko had walked into the building I exitedz. I chased after her, "how the hell am I supposed  to go back if I don't even know where I am?" Junko turned around, "Fine, if you want me to help you so bad just go back to that apartment and open the door, keep walking straight till you reach a dead end. Turn right walk until you reach a door." I ran off, "not even a thank you?" I heard Junko say as I ran.

"Thank you!" I yelled out, wanting to avoid any sort of trouble with her. Did as I was instructed. Once I had reached the door, I instantly recognized where I was. I was behind the school. Tears began to form in my eyes, from finally being free from what I was forced to go through. That feeling was short-lived, when I heard yelling. It sounded like a riot, I cautiously followed the yelling, which I saw many reserve course students, parents and such holding signs and trying to get through the guards.

A/N 

Hey everyone! I just wanna say I'm so so so so so sorry for disappearing and not writing anything in a while. A lot of things have been going on in my family, which destroyed my motivation to write. I'm still a little uneasy about things so I still won't write as much. I hope y'all can forgive me for this, I should've gave y'all a heads up about it. And thank you for 4K read?!! I never thought this story would do so well!! I also started a one shot book, I'm new to making one shots, so it's not that good, but I'm gonna write more on it soon. I might just drop the book though, because I'd really like to focus on this book rather than my one shot book. I hope your having a wonderful day/night/afternoon, thank you for reading!! 💕💕💕💕