[4]

You were currently walking inside the castle, this time with more maids walking and rushing here and there. Each maid doing their assigned task, which made you guilty for just walking and doing nothing. Yes, you did help Prince Asmodeus but that doesn't mean you are done. You're here working day and night and no matter what because you are a maid. As you continued to walk aimlessly, your eyes fixed on the paintings on the hallway's wall.

You felt yourself bump into somebody, your nose being the victim. You held your nose and eyed the person who you accidentally bumped into. Your [e/c] orbs stared at emerald green ones. You took a step back as you eyed the female in front of you. She was wearing the same maid outfit as you, her face scrunched up and arms crossed out front.

"You're the newest maid aren't you?" She asked, her orbs burning her gaze on you.

"Yes, I am. Also I am sorry for bumping into-"

You were cut off as she threw a white cloth at your direction which you frantically caught. You stare down at the cloth and back up the maid in front of you, she was slightly taller than you and has brown wavy long hair.

"I saw you assisting Prince Asmodeus earlier, bet you're trying to climb up the top using a prince just like a certain someone." She said venom in her voice.

All the other maids passing by saw the commotion, some started whispering and some just watched anticipating what will occur.

"A certain someone?" You ask, ignoring her other said words and was curious who was she referring to.

"Oh you know, Solomon. Wonder how he'd become the head butler so fast? He'd been with Prince Asmodeus ever since he came, like he was like a lost puppy." She said, her eyes rolling in the disgust, as she mentioned the white haired male.

"Excuse me, but Solomon climbed the top with hard work, he takes his work seriously and is like a professional. So I don't know what you're talking about." As if you were didn't annoyed by her actions earlier now you were, just by the way he's mocking Solomon even though she doesn't know his hard work. You admit that you don't know either, but you can tell for you saw it yourself.

"Whatever newbie, clean the storage of the castle if you don't mind. You should work hard too just like Solomon, don't want to disappoint him now." She snickered and quickly turned around leaving you.

You clench the white cloth that was in your hand, and gritted your teeth as you watch the female walk away. Seriously if you don't know how to contain your anger you wouldn't have jumped on the girl and pulled those brown locks of hers. Her attitude wasn't to your liking, so to avoid trouble and such you have to avoid that girl.

You sighed and loosen your death grip on the white cloth, might as well get what happened earlier out of your head and cool down for a bit. She pass her work to you, thinking nothing else to do, you just shrug your shoulders and again started walking.

It took sometime but manage to get to the storage room by asking a maid here and there, and thankfully they're not like the maid you encountered earlier. You swear that you couldn't handle those kind of person, you shook your head and just focus on your task.

The storage room's door was made out of wood just like any other doors but this one looks like the door of your town's library. There were no one passing by at this part of the castle which actually scared you and thought that this storage room was haunted. Shaking the hilarious thought away, you reach for the doors handle and pulled it down. The door let out a long and creepy creak, you looked inside only to be met by pure darkness and a flight of stairs that leads down. You hesitantly took a step down, and continued in a slow pace, as you were getting lower the light was slowly fading. Once you confirmed that there were no more stairs, you felt the walls determine to hit a light switch or something.