August

I got off of the plane and walked straight to the taxi. About 20 minutes later I arrived at my house. I paid the cab driver and got my luggage out. I said a silent prayer to my self and took a deep breath.

I walked up to the door and unlocked it. When I walked in I turned on the living room light and saw blood on our carpet. I was beyond pissed. I silently sat my suitcase by the door and got my phone out. I walked upstairs quietly to K and I's room and opened it.

She was laying down. I took a moment to take in her attire. She had on a white Cami top and some lace panties with a Bandanna tied around her head. She looked fine to me. I would be pissed if nothing was wrong and I came back for nothing.

I then looked and she had bruises on her face. I walked over and slid in the bed with her. I turned the TV off and turned both of our lamps on. I lightly stroked her face until she woke up.
Conversation:
August- Ya straight?
K.Michelle- August, every single time I take 2 steps forward it seems like I'm being pushed 3 steps back. Karl used to beat me but then God sent you. Karl is back and he tried to kidnap me. When I refused he beat me. All those memories came back and now I feel horrible. My face is all fucked up and I look terrible. I thank God for the Officer but I just know Karl is going to come back, and he's going to come back full force. I'm tired of fighting him. The only reason I still deal with him is because he threatened you and Zion's life. August I can't go through another death!

By this time K was silently crying.

I began wiping her tears with my thumbs and began to speak.

August: Ain't nobody gone touch me or my family. Ima downtown nigga B'Lee dat.

She chucked. I then began to sing her favorite gospel song. "Flaws " by Kierra Sheard. She wrapped her arms around my torso. I kissed her forehead... Then cheek... Then other cheek... Then chin.... Then lips. I said a silent prayer over her, Zion and I , hoping that God will keep us safe because just like this time, K and I won't always be together. I'm going to take her on a date tommorow. An all day date without family or friends. Just us.