|3| Madison

Maddy groaned and tried pushing off Alexa. "Get off me!"

"Looks like Maddy just fell for me," Xander drawled smirking.

Maddy rolled her eyes. You could always rely on Xander to sprout out pick-up lines at the most inappropriate times. Maddy was glad that they were back to bantering about silly things. She didn't want to lose her friendship with Xander over a single kiss.

Alexa jumped up and helped Maddy up. The moment her left ankle touched the ground, pain shot up her leg. She yelped and lost her balance. Luckily, Alexa was still holding her so Maddy didn't collapse on the floor.

Xander and Jeremy rushed forward to help her. The fall was from quite a height and had resulted in a ankle leg. At least, Maddy assumed that she had sprained her ankle and not broken it. Alexa of course, had no signs of any injury.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry," Alexa said, her eyes widening.

Maddy waved her hand dismissively. These kinds of things were to be expected when she hung around with a pack of werewolves. Besides, Maddy hadn't had this much of fun and exhilaration without being afraid of being killed since a long time.

"What were you both thinking when you snuck in through the vent?" Tristan demanded. "Now look, you've sprained your ankle," he said to Maddy.

Maddy smiled sheepishly as she tried to rotate her ankle to see how serious the sprain was.

"Alexa, why did you drag Madison into this?" Justin asked exasperatedly. "This is the fourth time you've been caught sneaking into meetings through the vents. Shouldn't you have gotten the message by now?"

Maddy whipped her head to Alexa's direction. "I thought you said that you never got caught."

"I was just trying to build up your confidence. If I told you that I have been caught before, you wouldn't have climbed through the vents," Alexa said sheepishly.

Maddy rolled her eyes fondly. "You can continue with the meeting. Alexa and I will just sit in here. We won't disturb," Maddy said, hoping that they would let her stay.

"Absolutely not. We need to get your ankle checked," Tristan said frowning.

"Yeah, I'm calling the pack doctor," Xander said as his eyes glazed over. It was clear that he was already communicating through the pack link.

"None of that is needed," a voice said from Maddy's behind which caused Maddy to jump. She had completely forgotten that the matefinder was in the room with them. "A simple sprain should heal in a week or two. We have more important things to discuss."

"To fill you both in," the matefinder said looking in Maddy and Alexa's direction. "Your friend was sold to the dark market as you already know. Right now, she is being kept in Bangalore in India."

"Why can't you just tell us how to get her back? Saves a lot of time, you know," Alexa asked bluntly.

"I asked the same thing," Jeremy said frustrated. "But she won't tell a damn thing. Something about it messing up the future."

"Here's the plan," Justin declared. "Xander, Jeremy, Tristan and I will be going along with Mary from my pack and another werewolf from Tristan's pack."

"And Alexa," he continued using his Alpha powers. "You aren't going to sneak into the plane or any sort of nonsense like that. And you aren't helping Madison sneak in either."

Alexa pouted but didn't dare talk back.

"Actually, I am afraid you will need to change your plans," the matefinder announced. "Only four people will be going- Xander Jeremy, Madison and Alexa."

All heads whipped towards the matefinder's direction. Immediately the two Alpha's in the room started shouting at the matefinder. The matefinder just waited for the Alphas to finish with a bored expression on her face. This impressed Maddy. It took some serious badassness to ignore two Alphas who were using their Alpha powers.

After five minutes of shouting, the matefinder finally spoke. "If you want Leia to be rescued safely then I suggest you do as I say. Or else I can't guarantee anything."

This shut both the Alphas up. They grudgingly agreed. The matefinder continued to give instructions. "You'll start your journey in two weeks and you need to come back before full moon. You'll have about one and a half weeks to return with Leia."

"Two weeks later?" both Maddy and Jeremy spoke up at the same time.

The matefinder nodded with a twinkle in her eye. Maddy knew that it would be no use to fight with the matefinder. Instead, she slowly hopped on her right leg towards Jeremy and Xander while the adults talked.

"We aren't waiting for two weeks, right?" Maddy whispered so that the Alphas and the matefinder didn't hear her.

"Definitely," Jeremy growls. When he turned, his usually lightly blue eyes are so dark that they nearly look black. Maddy couldn't imagine how Jeremy was handling it all. If the books were right, it was nearly impossible for a male werewolf to stay away from his mate. Jeremy had been separated form Leia for nearly two weeks.

"We are going to find her. Nothing will happen to her," Maddy said confidently, trying to reassure him.

"You shouldn't be walking around when you have a sprained ankle," Xander said with a frown as he made her sit down.

Maddy sighed. "You realize that I am not made of glass, right? I think I can manage myself."

Xander didn't respond to her but made sure that she sat down. Maddy turned her heads towards where the three adults were talking to listen to the conversation.

"- and what about their security? They aren't even adults yet. Isn't that irresponsible?" Justin argued.

The matefinder just rolled her eyes. "I have seen the future. You think you can change it? Well, you can't and if you do try to change it, I'll be there in your way to stop you," the matefinder said looking at Maddy when she told the last sentence, making Maddy uncomfortable.

Maddy avoided the matefinder's gaze and looked around the room. Unlike Maddy, Xander and Jeremy, Alexa wasn't listening to the conversation. Instead, she was busy doing something to her chair with the screwdriver that she had in her pocket. Maddy rolled her eyes fondly when she saw what Alexa was doing. Alexa was like that little sister Maddy never had. She was continuously chattering and had an attention time span of about three seconds.

Maddy didn't realize when the matefinder finished talking but she saw everyone get up. Using the pack link, Xander, Alexa and Jeremy decided to meet up at Jeremy's house to discuss on how to sneak out and rescue Leia without waiting for a week.

Xander wanted Maddy to take rest instead of going to Jeremy's house but after a lot of arguing they finally decided to meet at the middle. Maddy could go to Jeremy's house provided that she allowed Xander to help her walk all the way there.