|24| Madison

Surprisingly, there were no other tricks played on them. As Maddy sat down on one of the chairs placed for her, she looked around the palace. The interior was white and gold themed with the most of the interior white in color and a few golden touches. It was extremely bright to look at but it looked regal.

Inside the palace, she saw several smos. They were of Lila's height but each of them had their own look. While Lila looked like the cute librarian, Maddy saw smos that were completely dressed up in black and even one smo which was dressed up in what looked like an apple costume.

Xander cleared his throat. "Why have you brought us here?"

"To make a deal with you," the faerie said professionally. Her hands were clasped in front of her with her posture stiff. It was hard to believe that a few minutes ago she was giggling and calling Maddy 'good entertainment.'

Xander's eyebrows shot up with surprise. Even Maddy was astonished to hear the faerie. A deal? Two minutes ago, she was trying to kill them and now she wanted to make a deal with them?

"What deal?" Xander asked sharply.

"It's simple. I find all of you very entertaining. So, here's the deal- I'll host a competition. It will include three games. The four of you will be competing as a team against four of my faeries. Whoever wins the majority of the competitions will be the winner. If you lose the game, I'll kill you all."

"What?" Maddy shouted as she stood up from her chair. "No offense, but we need to find my friend fast. This is not the time to play games. We'll visit some other time."

"Either you agree or I kill you now. Choice is yours."

When she put it like that... Maddy sighed and sat back down. She won't be of any use to Leia when she was dead. It was better to get the games over with.

"But we need to find a pack member. It is more important than your entertainment," Xander said firmly he stood up and started walking towards the door.

"You need information about Kristoff, don't you? The person who has your friend, Leia."

Everyone froze. Alexa perked up and cocked her head to the side. She looked as though she wanted to ask something but since she couldn't shift without being naked in front of everyone, she refrained.

"What do you know about Kristoff?" Jeremy demanded.

"First the games."

"Why will you tell us about Kristoff? You are the one who helped the people from the dark market," Maddy snarled.

The faerie shrugged. "I did that because they paid me well. I don't really care what they do with humans and werewolves as long as faeries aren't involved."

"I still don't believe you."

"I swear I will tell you about Kristoff if you win the three games. I can't lie, remember?"

"Fine," Xander spat out. "We'll play your stupid games."

"But first," Maddy said immediately. "I need my dagger back. Only then will I play."

Tatiana frowned but didn't argue. She did something with her hands and immediately the dagger appeared in her hand. She handed the dagger back to Maddy.

"Anyone has any other objections?"

When no one spoke up the faerie clapped her hands excitedly like a kid. "Very well. Then one of my faeries will lead you to your quarters. The games will begin tomorrow. One game a day. When you are not competing in the games, no faeries will play any tricks on you. However, when the games are going on, I can't guarantee anything."

They were led to the room where they would be staying. It was a mini house with two rooms. One for Alexa and Maddy, and the other for Jeremy and Xander. The moment Alexa saw the clothes in the room, she clutched them in her mouth and went to the bathroom. After shifting she came out and flopped down on the bed.

"Not being able to talk in my wolf form is so frustrating," she complained.

"We have bigger problems to discuss about," Jeremy muttered.

Xander stared at Maddy. "How did you get the necklace? Did the matefinder give it to you?"

Maddy tried to tell him about the library, but once again no words came out of her mouth. She needed to write it down to tell them. There was no paper around. She took out her phone and started typing the story.

The others seemed to be puzzled when she started typing instead of speaking. It took a lot of time to type down the entire incident but once she finished, the others seemed to understand what was going on.

"Next time you find some important thing, please let us know," Jeremy said. "I nearly had a heart attack when you walked right up to those faeries with the necklace in your hand."
"And you should stay behind me at all times," Xander said with narrowed eyes. "You could have given me the necklace and I could have shown it to the faeries instead of you going up there."

"Stop being a sexist pig," Maddy said. "If the faeries decided to kill us, we all would have died even we stood behind you."

Xander scowled. "Still."

"You are just jealous that Maddy saved all our asses whil you were useless," Alexa said as she smirked and shoulder bumped Maddy.

Xander rolled his eyes but didn't argue further. "As Jeremy said, we have much more important things to do. Any plans on how to make sure that we win the games?"

"The faeries are cunning creatures. According to storybooks, they can't stand iron. Iron to faeries is like silver to werewolves," Maddy said.

"That's good," Alexa said. "We get our hands on some iron and then bust their asses."

"Where will we get iron? This is a faerie realm. They won't keep any iron with them here and we can't escape from here," Jeremy responded glumly.

Xander thought for a second and replied, "They might have some iron with them. Even our pack keeps some silver chains in case we need to take down a werewolf. Whenever it is required, we wear gloves and then use it. If the faeries have something similar than that we can use it."

Jeremy nodded. "But it won't be easy. If they do have iron stored somewhere, it will be heavily guarded. They wouldn't want their enemies to get their hands on iron. Anything else we know about them?"

"As we already know they can't tell lies. But they don't necessarily tell the truth either." On seeing the weird looks she received, Maddy explained, "They tell half-truths. They conceal important information which might be dangerous. They also have illusion powers which could be extremely dangerous."

The four of them spent their entire evening trying to read as much as possible about faeries. They didn't meet any faeries for the evening either, so they couldn't test all the facts they read about on actual faeries. Now all they could do was wait for the competition to start and hope that things went well.