|2| Madison

Throughout the entire ride back to the Amalthea Pack headquarters, Alexa kept on talking which made things easier for Maddy. She didn't have to talk to Xander or make eye contact with him which made things less awkward. She wasn't sure how she should behave with Xander. She decided that she would act as if nothing had happened. That way, they could just go back to how they were before the kiss.

It was late at night when they finally reached the headquarters and Maddy was half delirious from drowsiness. The adrenaline had disappeared and fatigue hit her hard. Seeing that everyone was tired, it was decided that the talk about Leia would be continued later.

Saturday afternoon found Maddy in her room, updating her story on Wattpad. She still didn't know when the matefinder was planning to tell them about Leia's whereabouts. After breakfast, Xander and Jeremy were called for by the Alpha for God knows what. Alexa too had disappeared somewhere so Maddy sat in her room, writing.

Suddenly, someone knocked on her door. Maddy had been so absorbed into writing that he sound caused her to jump. Maddy opened it to find Alexa standing there. Maddy opened the door wider to let Alexa in.

"Xander and Jeremy were called to discuss about Leia's whereabouts," Alexa said as she sat down on Maddy's bed.

"What? I thought I established that I can handle myself and the fact that I am the only who knows India well," Maddy protested.

Alexa shrugged. "You can blame dad and Alpha Tristan for that. Xander was called because he will be the next Alpha and Jeremy was called because he is Leia's mate. Other than that, no one else was called."

"But I am her best friend!"

"Exactly," Alexa said with a glint in her eye. Maddy immediately knew that whatever Alexa would be saying next, would be something that would get them both into trouble.

"We should sneak into the meeting. We can hear everything then. I know a way."

"That's illogical. They will come to know that we are listening by our scents."

No sooner had she finished the sentence, than Alexa sprayed something on her. Maddy didn't even notice that Alexa had brought a bottle of spray with her. Maddy spluttered with shock. That was the second time someone had sprayed something on her without warning.

"What was that?"

"Bleach," Alexa replied. "Now you needn't worry about our scents. Come on, it will be fun."

"Even if we do listen to them, what good will it do? It's not like we can go to India on our own," Maddy reasoned. Even though she was dying to rescue Leia, Maddy knew that she needed to remain alive to do that. Maddy was already in the Alpha's bad books for nearly getting Xander killed. She didn't need more things to be added to the list. If she pissed of the Alpha too much, he might kill her and well, that wouldn't exactly be an ideal situation to rescue Leia.

"We'll sneak into the plane," Alexa said casually as if it was a normal to sneak into planes. "You are small enough to fit in a suitcase and I'll find a way in."

"Excuse me," Maddy said indignantly. "There's no way I'll fit into a suitcase. And even if I do, there is no way I will agree to do that."

"Please," Alexa begged. After two minutes of refusal, Maddy finally agreed. With, Alexa begging like that, there was no way Maddy could refuse.

"So how do we get in the room?" Maddy asked.

"Just follow me. Also, make sure that you don't make any noise," Alexa said and headed outside.

The two of them walked up to the club house and Alexa informed Maddy that the meeting was being held in the same meeting room where the pack meeting took place a few days before. A few rooms before the meeting room, Alexa stopped and dragged Maddy into a room. Alexa turned the light on. Maddy saw that the room was used for playing indoor games. There were various chess and carom boards arranged in lines. Maddy turned to Alexa and shot her a confused look. Why did they stop here?