|40| Madison

The next day Maddy and the others went to the castle to find out more about Kristoff. Maddy wanted to go the moment Xander finished apologizing to Jeremy to save time and rescue Leia but the others insisted that she rest first. Whatever was there in the medicine made her slightly drowsy so she grudgingly agreed and fell asleep the moment when she hit the bed.

When Maddy and the others reached the castle, they saw that the four faeries from the other team were also there. Maddy glared at Cordelia and when Maddy walked past Cordelia she mentally made an ugly face at Cordelia. Maddy wasn't the mature kind of person who forgives and forgets. No, she is the petty girl who will keep a grudge on someone for a long time.

"Maddy!" Axel called out.

Xander immediately bristled. Maddy had no idea what happened to him all of a sudden but even after apologizing to Jeremy, Xander's eyes didn't change back to the normal color. For the entire day, his wolf was lurking around. He was like a bomb waiting to explode. Xander was about to snap at Axel when Maddy nudged him. After staring at him pointedly and hoping he kept quiet, Maddy responded to Axel.

"I just wanted to apologize for all the broken bones and Cordelia's behavior."

Maddy smiled at Axel. Axel was the only one who had remotely even tried to talk to them. "That's fine," she said.

When the faeries were far away so they couldn't hear them, Maddy turned to Xander. "Okay, what's up with you? Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?"

"Like the typical Alphas from the story books. All growly and moody," Maddy said.

"Like an asshole you mean," Alexa said as she snickered.

"I don't like the faeries," Xander said as he glared at Alexa when she commented about him being an asshole.

"Well, it's fine if you don't like them; I don't either but you don't need to be so blatantly rude."

Xander sighed and then agreed.

As they entered the throne room, Maddy saw that Tatiana was sitting in her throne just like the first day when Maddy entered the Faerie realm.

When Tatiana saw the four werewolves, she narrowed her eyes. "What do you want?" she demanded as she flew down and landed right in front of them. This time she didn't even try to hide her dislike for the werewolves.

"You promised us information about Kristoff," Jeremy said as he glared right back at Tatiana.

Tatiana smiled thinly. "I never promised you to tell you about Kristoff only if you won. Since you haven't won..."

Maddy's jaw dropped. What did she just say? So, they played the game and wasted all the time for nothing?

Sighing, Xander started talking. "Tell us all you know about Kristoff and I'll owe the faeries a favor of a similar kind."

This got Tatiana's attention. "A future favor?" she asked with interest.

"Of the similar kind," Xander said stressing on that part of his proposal.

"A future favor from the future Alpha," Tatiana mused out loud as her eyes twinkled with excitement. Maddy immediately knew that Tatiana was going to take up the offer.

"We have a deal," Tatiana said. Tatiana asked them to wait for a minute. She called one guard who came with a drink. Another drink? Looked like that the faeries also had an obsession with magical drinks.

"Drink this and repeat the proposal. That way you won't be able to break your word."

Xander was going to pick up the cup when Jeremy stopped him. "Are you sure about this?"

Xander nodded and on drinking the liquid, he repeated his proposal.

Once the entire thing was done with, Tatiana started speaking. "Kristoff is not the real name of the buyer. Her real name is Krithika Acharya."

Jeremy narrowed his eyes. "You know more."

"Krithika is an esteemed professor at one of the most prestigious colleges. I don't know which one. She buys only werewolves to perform experiments on them and figure out how their genes work."

"What will she do with that information?" Maddy asked with a sick feeling.

Tatiana shrugged. "I don't know."

The fact that someone bought Leia to experiment on her made Maddy want to retch. They needed to get to Leia as fast as possible before it was too late.

"Do you know anything else?" Maddy pressed. "You agreed to tell us all you know about Krithika."

"I don't know anything else."

Maddy and the others didn't waste any more time in the Faerie Realm. They already spent around five days in Realm and they needed to get back. They didn't have anything that they bought along with them so they didn't have to pack. The only extra thing that they went back with was the faerie medicine that Ella had given to Maddy.

Before exiting the Realm, Maddy went to see Ella. After thanking her profusely for the medicine, Maddy told her about where Lila was. It had completely slipped her mind before.

"She is safe in the library. I'll personally make sure nothing happens to her," Maddy promised. "You can come by anytime to take her."

Ella surprised Maddy by pulling her into a hug. "Thank you and stay safe. I haven't known you for long but I have a feeling we will be good friends."

Maddy grinned at Ella. "Same, girl."

Maddy quickly bade her goodbye and joined the others. There was a guard waiting with Xander, Jeremy and Alexa. The guard guided them back through the same way that Maddy had used to enter the Realm. Soon, they reached the forested area where they had taken shelter when the people from the dark market came with the guns. The guard snapped his finger and the illusion disappeared along with him. They were back in the real world.