Chapter 27

Your Pov

 Kakashi  and I currently walking through town, heading towards the grocery store. 

"Why do I have to come again?" I asked

"Because." Kakashi said and stuffed his hands deeper in his pockets. 

"Because why?" I said and then Kakashi grabbed my hand. 

"Oi Kakashi!" Guy shouted and Kakashi sweated dropped. 

"Guy." Kakashi said and Guy looked over at me. 

"Y/n, you aren't looking very youthful right now..." Guy said 

"Geeh, thanks Guy." I said in a sarcastic tone. 

"Guy-" Kakashi said 

"Oh! I know! Why don't we all go out and drink together?!" Guy said 

"I dunno..." I replied 

"That's not I good idea Guy." Kakashi replied 

"Why not?!" Guy shouted and I noticed our other classmates walk towards us. 

"Kakashi, Y/n, how have you been. I haven't seen you two in awhile." Kurenai said. 

"I've been good..." I said and she nodded. Kakashi looked down at me and back at everyone else nervously. 

"What's up with him." Asuma whispered. 

"Guy, wanted to do a group hangout tonight." I mumbled. 

"Hmm, that might not be a bad idea." Asuma smirked and puffed out smoke. Kurenai looked up at him and Asuma put out his cigarette. 

"See?! Thank you Asuma!" Guy shouted and went to hug him but, Asuma back away, leaving Guy on the ground. 

"I think it would be nice. What about you two?" Kurenai asked sweetly. Kakashi looked down at me and looked hesitant. 

"I don't think it's a good idea." Kakashi whispered. 

"I'll be fine." I whispered back. 

"Y/n, your kind of going through things right now. I don't think it's a good idea to drink. Plus, you tend to get to emotional when you drunk, I'm worried you're going to say things you'll regret." Kakashi whispered back. 

"sigh, I guess you're right.." I whispered 

"Sorry, Kurenai. We can't go." I said in disappointment. 

"What, why? Oh come on Y/n, you've been stuck up in that house. You need to socialize with people other than Hatake over there." Kurenai said and pointed at Kakashi.

"I'm right here, I can hear you." Kakashi replied. 

"mmm, I guess but, I don't think it's a good idea for me to drink right now." I said and Kurenai sighed. 

"Well, then we don't have to drink, you can just go get something to eat. How does that sound Kakashi?" she asked. 

"Why are you making it sound like I'm keeping her hostage or something." Kakashi exhaled and bent his head to the side. 

"Fine. We'll come." Kakashi said and Kurenai grabbed me. 

"Ok, we'll meet you there!" Kurenai shouted and pulled me along. 

"H-hey! Kurenai where are you taking me!" I shouted and she laughed. 

"Let's go shopping!" she shouted and pulled me into a nearby shop. 

"But, I don't need clothes." I said and Kurenai looked at me with her hand on her hip. 

"Y/n, I know you don't need clothes. But, why not get dressed up?" Kurenai winked. 

"Huh?" I replied and Kurenai began to look around at the causal dresses. 

"Hey, Y/n, come over here." she shouted and waved.  I walked over and she pulled out a dress. 

"What about this one?" She said and held it against my body. 

"Uuh-" 

"No, that's not the one." she said and place it back. As she was looking through the clothes I walked over and spotted a f/c dress. I pulled it off the hangers and held to up against me, it was  above the knee and has a flowy bottom. 

"Oh that one's pretty, why don't you try it on." Kurenai said and I turned around, blushed in embarrassment. 

"O-oh, I just found it, I do-" I said and she pushed me into a dressing room and shut the door. 

"I not letting leave until you put on the dress." she shouted outside the door.

"B-but, what if it doesn't fit?" I asked 

"Then we'll find another dress and different style. Just put on the dress!" She replied. I held up the dress one more time and then started to take off my clothes. I put on the dress and looked in the mirror. The dress complemented your figure and you looked beautiful. I slowly opened the door and Kurenai looked at me with wide eyes. 

"O-oh, does it look bad or I kinda liked it...but, I can-" 

"Y/n, stop talking, you look really pretty in the dress. How do you feel?" she asked and I smiled and did a turn. 

"I really like it." I said and she smiled. 

"Then that's the one you're going to get. Now hurry up and get changed, we need to find accessories." she said. 

"Right." I smiled and walked back into the dressing room and changed. We both payed for our dresses and walked to the next store. As we were looking at necklaces at the next store, I looked over at Kurenai. 

"What?" she asked and I looked back down at the necklaces. 

"Thanks, for doing this." I said and she lightly nodged me. 

"No problem. Sometimes, you just need a girl's day out. Once in awhile, you know?" she said and we both laughed. 

"Oh, this one's so pretty!" I shouted and she nodded. 

Timeskip.

"How do I look?" I asked and Kurenai gave me a thumbs up. 

"Alright, ready to go?" She asked and I nodded. We both walked to the restaurant and met with the others. As we walked to the table I noticed Asuma look at us and then nodge Kakashi and he looked over with wide eyes. 

"Hello, sorry we're late." Kurenai said and sat down next to Asuma and he smiled. 

"No worries, glad you both decided to show." Asuma laughed. I walked over and sat next to Kakashi and I looked at him. 

"Y/n, you look nice, don't you think Kakashi?" Asuma nudged. 

"U-uh yeah, you look really beautiful." Kakashi stuttered 

"Thanks." I blushed and scratched the side of my cheek. 

"Alright, what do you all want to eat?" Asuma asked and I shrugged. I looked down at the menu and waited for the waiter to take our orders.  Once the waiter took our orders, we sat there in silence. 

"So, how has your teams been?" I asked 

"My team has been great!" Guy started and then went on a rant about Lee. I then felt Kakashi grab my hand but, didn't look at me. I smiled and laced my fingers with his and he looked over at me and gave me a closed eye smile. For the rest of the evening we ate and chatted. After, we all payed and left. 

'the temperature must have dropped.' I thought and rubbed my arms.

"You know you should bring a jacket next time." Kakashi said and placed his jacket around my shoulders. 

"Right, t-thanks Kashi." I replied and blushed. 

"Y-yeah sure." Kakashi said and rubbed the back of his head.