Chapter 14

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but, for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning 

timeskip later that day

Your Pov

"Alright, Sasuke, time to go." I said and Sasuke came to the door and slipped on his sandals.  We then began walking towards the Hyuga household.

"Why can't I stay home again?" Sasuke asked and I sighed. 

"Sasuke, your old enough to stay home alone, but, tonight I want you to stay safe, due to what happened this morning. Secondly, you need to eat regular food." I replied 

"Whatever." Sasuke pouted. After that I dropped Sasuke off at Niko's place, waved goodbye, and headed towards Kakashi's house. 

lil timeskip 

knock, knock.

The door then opened shortly after and Kakashi let me into his house.  Kakashi quickly runs back into the kitchen and I follow behind him. 

"Whatcha cookin?" I ask 

" Saba shioyaki." Kakashi replied (a/n: This is basically grilled fish and is usually served with rice and soup, if you don't like fish, you can change it).

I nod and then walk into the livingroom and pick up a red book. 'Ich Icha, Violence?' I thought. I walked back into the kitchen and sat down at the table. 

"Did Jiraiya-sensei, give you a new book?" I asked and Kakashi looked back at me. 

"mmmhm." Kakashi hummed and turned off the stove, beginning to set the table. Once everything's set  Kakashi grabs two wine glass, grabs a bottle of pinot grigio, and sits down. 

"Oh, are you trying to get me drunk?" I tease and Kakashi looks at me. 

"Maybe..." he says jokingly and looks at me and laughs.

"Anyway, why didn't Sasuke come to training today? I'm guessing it has something to do with the anbu member?" Kakashi asked and took a bite of his food. 

"hmm, well, I guess you could say that. I found out Sasuke activated his sharingan and wanted to take him to the Uchiha compound to look at somethings, when three of Danzo's spies followed us." I replied and took a sip of wine. 

"Was it really that important to take him there? You know that place is surrounded by anbu." Kakashi replied and began lecturing me.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." I replied and took a bit of food. 

"This is pretty good. I missed your cooking, you were always better at it than me." I laughed 

"Well, that's because you would always give up halfway, when we practiced cooking." Kakashi replied 

"Um, yeah, I don't got time for that and plus I'll always have you." I winked and Kakashi looked off to the side. We both then talked and ate, after that I helped Kakashi clean up.We both walked into the living room and sat down next to each other. I looked at Kakashi who looked at me and I sighed and began cuddling with him. Kakashi moved, hugged me back, and rubbed my back. I hear loud footsteps bolt towards the door and kick it open. 

"KAKASHI-!" Guy shouted and then looks at us and I blushed in embarrassment. I then slowly began to sit up but, Kakashi just hugged me tighter. 

"So, Guy, what are you doing here?" Kakashi said in a low voice. 

"U-uh, you know..." Guy started and I noticed Kakashi's face turn dark. 

"No, I don't know, because I clearly remember telling you, don't bother me today." Kakashi replied. 'This is awful! I can feel tension in the room, it's so thick I can cut it with a knife.' I thought 

"Yeah, uh, I remember that, and I wouldn't come here unless it's important, because you're my eternal rival and-" Guy replied and Kakashi glared at him.

"Guy, get to the point." Kakashi replied. 

"Right, uh, Third Hokage-sama wanted me to give this to you, he says its urgent." Guy replied and placed it down infront of us and then walked to the door and left. 

"Why do we always get interrupted." I heard Kakashi mumble and he let go of me and grabbed the scroll.  I sat up and watched Kakashi break the seal and read the scroll. 

"What does it say?" I curiously asked and Kakashi placed his head on my shoulder. I then rubbed his left shoulder and put my head on top of his. Kakashi sighed and relaxed. I noticed he closed his eyes. 

"Was it that bad or-" I was interpreted by Kakashi shushing me. 

"It's fine, it's just another mission, don't worry about it,  let's just stay like this." Kakashi replied and I turned,  hugged him, and kissed the top of his head. 

"You know, if your going to kiss me, you should do it the right way." Kakashi said looking at me and then at my mouth. I blushed and pulled down his mask and closed the gap between us. I then felt Kakashi lean into me and I slowly fell backward on the couch. We then pulled apart and Kakashi hovered above me. I looked at him and felt my face heat up,  I knew my face was all red. 

Kakashi leaned down and placed our foreheads against each other and we looked directly into each other's eyes. After what seemed like an eternity,  I felt Kakashi shift his weight and slowly got back up. As I got up I noticed Kakashi looking off to the side blushing. I then giggled and poked his cheek and he looked at me confused. 

"You know you look cute when you blush." I teased and kissed his cheek, which only made Kakashi's face become redder. 

"Tsk, w-whatever." He replied. 

For the rest of the evening we both chatted and I ended up falling asleep next to Kakashi on the couch.