Chapter Fifty-Four

Start from the beginning

Remus glared at the screen, wings puffy out, curling around Roman to protect him from whatever danger was nearby.

He made a promise to keep his brother safe. And this old man is making it hard.

But Remus won't give up, he can't. He'd rather cut off both wings then stay with the old dick.
.
.
.
.
Patton ran out the door, quickly sprouting his wings and taking off into the sky.

Oh gosh, he had to of made his father mad! He completely forgot to do the laundry! He had homework, and then a test to study for! Oh jeez, he hopes Miss Chaffin will deal with it.

Patton wiped at his eyes, hoping his friends won't be able to tell he was crying.

He so badly wants to tell someone. Tell anyone the issues he has at home. Emily only knows so much, and everyone else knows little to nothing.

Maybe he can talk to Logan about it..?

No, Logan is dealing with problems already. Logan just figured out their identity! Patton doesn't want to put more on them.

Patton doesn't want to put any of his problems on any of his friends. That's selfish.

He saw the school come into view, and started to slow his flapping, gently going down. He didn't stumble at all when landing, tucking his wings in.

He ran to the tree, smiling brightly at seeing his friends, "Hey!" he yelled, waving at them.

Emily waved back, "Good morning!" she said, "Sleep well?"

"Mhm!" Patton brought her in a quick hug, "I stayed up a bit late studying for the science test."

Virgil looked up from his phone at that, "Oh shit, that was today?"

Remy snorted, "Looks like someone is fucked."

Virgil glared at his cousin, "Shut up, bet you didn't study."

Remy shrugged, "That's because I already know it, why study what I know?"

Logan shut their book, looking up at Remy, "I study to remind myself, and it is soothing to me."

"Bitch, all work is soothing to you," Remy groaned, "You're literally so boring."

"He is not!" Patton huffed, feeling gross at misgendering Logan, "Logan is the smartest person I know!"

Remy nodded, "He's smart, but liiiiiike, he's boring."

Patton hugged his partner, patting their head, "You're just jealous."

Logan smiled a small smile, "I appreciate the defense, Patton," they pried his arms off their head, "But Remy's words do not effect me."

They gave Remy a challenging look, "Tell us your score on your test, to see if you really do know it."

Virgil smirked, "Looks like someone is fucked," he mimicked, Remy promptly flipping him off.

"Bet, bitch," Remy said, crossing his arms.

Emily giggled, leaning against the other, "I'm sure you'll do fine."

Remy smiled softly at her, "Thanks babe, you're the only gurl I can trust."

Patton laughed, taking hold of Logan's hand. He felt safe here, with his friends and joyfriend.

"Patton," Logan whispered, carefully touching his cheek with a concerned scowl, "Did you get hurt?"

Patton felt fear take over his body, but he kept his smile, "No, not that I know of. Everything is fine! I don't hurt, why?"

Logan hummed, "Your cheek looks a bit purple and green, like you have a bruise."

Patton shrugged, making sure his smile never left or faltered, "I do lots of silly things at home! I wouldn't be surprised if I do have a bruise."

Logan looked him in the eyes, Patton almost flinching at it.

"Ok," they nodded slowly, "I believe you. I trust you to come to me if you're hurt or someone is.. hurting you."

Patton almost cried, almost spilling out the years of abuse he went through. Almost.

"Nope! I'm perfectly fine!" he chirped, "Thanks for the concern, it means a lot knowing you care."

Logan pulled him in a hug, "You can tell me if someone is hurting you, rather it's physical or not. I won't be upset," they let their voice drop to barely a whisper, "You'll tell me, right?"

Patton swallowed, trying his best to not shake and cry, "Of course."

Shoot. His voice was shaky.

Fortunately- maybe unfortunately -Logan didn't say anything about it, pulling back and giving a quick kiss, "I love you."

Patton sighed, smiling lovingly at his joyfriend, "I love you too."

Perhaps one day he could tell Logan, tell everyone. But he won't now, or anytime soon. He can deal with it, he's been able to for years.

yooooo, guess who got a motherfucking binder and can now have a flat-ish chest! this guy!

!!!STAY INSIDE, BE BORED AND SAFE INSTEAD OF DYING ALONE AND WEAR A FUCKING MASK!!!