"But, that doesn't excuse you from being so violent."

I bit my lip and looked at him. "Sorry."

"It's okay. I don't mind your feisty side. It's one of the many things I love about you."

"Really?"

"Yes. It kinda turns me on too."

"Hey!" I reprimanded.

He laughed. "Kidding! I'm just kidding. But, I really do love everything that makes you you."

I smiled and held his hand tighter. "Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love. Anything." he whispered before kissing my temple.

"Please tell me how we met before. Tell me how you remember it."

He let out a breath that seemed as if he had been holding it in for a long time before closing his eyes with a smile.

"I remember it as clear as day. I could never forget. I was sitting on a barrel of hay by the side of the road watching people fuss around, you know... going on with their lives. The town was full of people. It was loud and busy. Everyone had things to do and a place to go but I did not. I was unfortunately jobless and homeless. I was, how they call it, a wanderer. I had nothing on me except my clothes, my horse, a few pieces of silver, and the dust on my back."

"Tough times?"

He gave a curt smile. "Yes. Yes, it was. At least, I thought it was until the moment I first saw you."

"Really?"

He turned to me, eyes filled with fondness. "Yes. You were wearing a blue dress colored like the sky, trimmed with white laces and small frills. You had blue ribbons loosely tied to the red curls your hair which fell down to your waist. You were walking past me, laughing with your friends, as you headed to your carriage. Your smile was so beautiful and your eyes lit up as you talked. I couldn't stop myself from staring at you. You looked so carefree and happy. Just simply looking at you made me smile.

"I watched you part ways with your friends and steered yourself through the crowd to get to your carriage with difficulty. Apparently, there was a argument at the stall near by it. A drunken man started eating the food at the stall and it got the merchant furious. You suddenly wound up next to the drunk man and he started mistreating you. I don't know what came over me. The next thing I knew, my fist was on that man's face and he was knocked down to the ground. I turned to you and asked if you were okay. You were speechless but you nodded. The drunk man suddenly punched me and we got into a brawl. Then an officer came before that drunkard could punch me. He bowed to you and almost arrested me but you intervened, saying that if I hadn't done what I did the merchant would lose his goods and that you would've been hurt. You told him I saved you so the officer let the matter go and took the drunkard away with him. The people slowly dispersed and I also was about to but you stopped me before I could. You looked awkwardly at me, trying to figure out what to say. When I told you that you're welcome that's when you told me thank you. You looked at my face then down at my hands that were slightly bruised from the brawl. You asked me if I was alright. I nodded. Then you told me that saying your gratitude wasn't enough for what I had done. You stated that I saved your dignity from that drunkard and that shows what kind of a man I was; and you respected that. You then invited me to your home the next day for afternoon tea as a further sentiment of your gratitude. I couldn't say no with the way you were looking at me so I said that I would love to.

"The very next morning, I spent all the remaining silver I had to dress up nicely and bought myself new clothes. I wanted to leave a good impression on you and show you that I clean up after my self quite nicely."