The First Time I Saw Her I Knew I Was Stuck Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

            Well it wasn't really a lie. The whole I can't sing part was, not the other parts.

            "Kinsley can sing?" Genny asks stunned.

            "Hell yea, he's amazing" I tell her, a smile on my face.

            I don't know what it is, but whenever I have a conversation with, or about, Kinsley, I was feel the need to smile. Even when I think about him, I'm always smiling. It's unsettling, knowing that I haven't really smiled in a long time.

            "Too bad I couldn't have seen it" Genny apologizes.

            I laugh knowing she was doing something better then listening to Kinsley and I perform.

            "Sure you do, I'm sure whatever was going on upstairs was more exciting then downstairs"

            Genny nods happily, gazing at the sky with a dreamy look on her face. Whatever she's thinking about, it must be good cause she's tuned Maggie and I out.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

            "And then I was just like, I like you okay?" Talia, some random girl, explains to me.

            I sigh and make a sound of understanding, then continue to pretend to examine my nails, my foot tapping impatiently.

            It's the end of the day and I was trying to get out of the school before I was stopped by someone, but Talia caught me before I could make it to Kinsley's hummer.

Now, I'm stuck listening to her story of how she got the guy she's been crushing on for a week to go out with her. She's fairly certain that within another two weeks he'll be on his knees confessing his undying love for her.

"And then he put his hands on my cheeks and kissed me" Talia sighs happily.

I roll my eyes slightly when she isn't looking then look down at the imaginary watch on my wrist.

"Oh man, would you look at the time? I best be going now, bye Talia" I turn on my heel and speed walk down the hall, sending her a little wave over my shoulder.

I head out into the parking lot, scanning the area for Kinsley, or his black hummer.

There, in the far corner beside the gate, was the black hummer. Leaning against it was Kinsley, wearing a pair of basketball shorts, a pair of blue high-tops and a dark blue shirt, a pair of aviator sunglasses shading his eyes.

I race towards the car, wanting to get as far away from the school and all the pretenders in it. I breeze past Kinsley, vaulting myself into the passengers seat.