Chapter 76

River's POV

I watched the green light come closer until I fell back, hitting my head on the wall. My body limping next to Snape's, until everything went dark.

I opened my eyes after what felt like an eternity later. I was on the ground in the forbidden forest. I groaned, clutching my chest as I stood up on shaking legs.

"River," I heard a soft feminine voice said.

"River," A deeper voice said from behind me. I turned around, seeing a man that looked like Harry and a ginger haired woman, with Remus, Sirius, and Snape behind them.

"Mum? Dad?" I asked, nervously. They smiled at me.

"I'm dead. He killed me." I said, feeling tears in my eyes.

"Your not dead hon," Dad said,

"Then why can I see you? I have to be dead." I said,

"Snape," I cried, hugging him.

"Listen to me, River. Dumbledore's plan was to have me kill him. He planned this whole thing out. Don't carry this weight around with you. Dumbledore knew of his death months before. I was always, always, a spy for him. Remember that. Remember, his wand chose Draco. It won't work properly."

"But then you died for no reason," I cried.

"It was my time,"

"Listen, to me, River," Mum said, pulling me to her and cupping my face.

"You must, must, kill Voldemort with Harry. You can't let him do it alone."

"I will, but how did I survive? I don't understand?"

"The necklace I gave you. The curse went on it, instead. I had a protection charm on it, the same spell Lilly used when she died, so you couldn't get hurt, just in case anything happens. Mainly with that Malfoy." He rolled his eyes at the last comment.

"Draco would never,"

"Yeah, we've seen that after all the years we watched," Sirius said. I smiled, rolling my eyes.

"River," Remus said, quietly.

"Yes?"

"Take care of my son, you and Harry. He need's family."

"I promise."

"We have to go now. You and Harry must stay together. Your family." Lilly said,

"I will, I promise."

"Let's go Snivellus," Dad said, his hand hovering over Snape's shoulder,

"Stop touching me,"

"I'm not touching you."

"Stop it!"

"I'm not doing anything!"

"Lilly! Take him away."

"You chose to stay with us, Snivellus. You must suffer the consequences," Sirius said, before all three of them jumped in on him, hugging him.

"Lilly! They are touching me!"

"You saved our children, of course we hug you," Dad said.

"Will you four stop acting like children! For once in your lives!" Mum yelled.

"We're dead so it doesn't matter now." Dad smiled at her lovingly.

"Goodbye, River. We love you." Mum said, before they started disappearing slowly.