Chapter 17 (Year 3)

River's POV

"River! River, where are you?" Snape yelled, walking into the Slytherin common room. He looked around frantically. I jumped off the Slytherin couch, grabbing his arm.

"What's wrong, Snape? I'm right here!" I asked. He signed relieved, side-hugging me.

"Sirius Black is in the castle. He attacked the fat lady from the Gryffindor common room. I just needed to check that you were here," Snape explained, before addressing the rest of the class.

"Listen up, everyone! Everyone is going to go stay the night at the great hall in sleeping bags. Go get changed into some comfortable clothes and meet us downstairs." He yelled.

"Sleeping bags! What are we camping, like some disgusting Muggles!" Draco yelled from the couch.

"Just for one night, Malfoy, you will survive," Snape said, rolling his eyes, before walking out of the common room.

---

The next morning, Pansy, Daphne, and Theo were already awake. I sat up wondering what they were giggling at as they huddled around Draco and Blaise, who were sound asleep.

"What's going on?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Come look at them," Daphne said, smiling. I got up confused from my sleeping bag that was next to Pansy's, stood next to Daphne, and started laughing. Draco had his arms wrapped around Blaise's waist, and Blaise had his head on Draco's shoulder.

"Should we wake them?" Theo asked, grinning.

"We should. Class will start soon," Pansy said.

"I wish I had a camera," I said. Draco started to stir at the sound of our laughter. He opened his eyes and looked at all of us, confused, before he looked down at Blaise in his arms. With a scream, he let go of Blaise and rolled away.

"Blaise!" He yelled. Blaise opened his eyes, yawing he sat up confused looking over at Draco who was in the corner with his arms wrapped around himself in disbelief.

"Did you sleep well, Blaise?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, but funny thing, I had a dream. I was sleeping in Draco's arms." We all burst out laughing as Blaise looked at us, confused.

"It wasn't a dream, mate," Theo said, still grinning. Blaise widened his eyes before turning to Draco.

"Well, I didn't know you go that way, Draco, but I got to say, I don't mind," Blaise winked at Draco, who glared at him.

"Blaise, I thought you were someone else!" He said, angrily. Blaise narrowed his eyes at Draco, having an idea of what Draco meant.

"Who did you think I was, Draco?" Draco's face turned red, as he looked at the ground.

"It's none of your business okay!" Draco yelled, jumping to his feet, in his black pajama set, walking out of the great hall with a red face.

---

Snape came walking with a smirk plastered on his face, slamming the door behind him, and shutting the curtains behind him.

"Turn to page 394!" Snape said. Draco, who was balling up a piece of parchment in his hands, blew into his palm before a moth came flying around the classroom from the seat next to mine.

"Excuse me, sir, but... where's Professor Lupin?" Potter asked.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say, your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Page 394." Snape waves the moth away from his face before starting up a slide show. An ancient picture of a beast.

"Werewolves?" Weasley said,

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks- "Granger said.

"Quiet!" Snape snapped at her.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" He asked, as someone swatted the moth where there book was, I looked over seeing Potter glaring at his book that the moth was under, as Granger raised her hand.

"No one? How disappointing," He said, ignoring her.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter. Furthermore, the werewolf actively hunts humans and responds only to the call of its own kind - "Granger says, Draco howls as Crabbe and Goyle laugh along with him.

"Quiet, Malfoy! Though one must admit to feeling your pain. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Hey! You asked a question, and she answered it! It's not your fault you choose not to let her answer!" Weasley said, Snape, glared at him not looking pleased.

"Detention Weasley. Five points from Gryffindor, As an antidote to your ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing," Snape said, starting to walk around the classroom.

"Passing notes, Potter?" Snape says, grabbing the note from Potter. He scanned it with a slight smile on his lips.

"What did you draw?" I whispered to Draco, who sat next to me. Draco grinned.

"Just off Potter, getting hit by lightning, nothing special," he said proudly. I laughed, shaking my head as I opened my book.

---

"Potter," Someone said from behind me as me and my friends sat at the Slytherin table for lunch. It took me a second to realize they were speaking to me. I turned around, seeing Weasley standing there.

"Yes, Weasley?" I asked. My friends all turned to glare at him.

"What do you want, Weasley?" Draco hissed.

"I just want to talk to Potter for a second. That has nothing to do with you," Weasley yelled, glaring at Draco.

"Not hap- "Draco said.

"About?" I asked, cutting him off.

"Can we talk in private?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"No!" Blaise and Draco yelled at the same time; I rolled my eyes.

"Ignore them. Is it important?" I asked. He nodded. I stood up and Weasley followed me out of the great hall.

"What is it, Weasley?" I asked, tapping my foot on the ground.

"Well, I don't know if you heard, but Harry fell off his broom, almost 100 feet from the air. And he's in the hospital right now," Weasley paused, scanning my face for any sign of emotion.

"Is he dead?" I asked. Weasley shook his head.

"No, he's alright,"

"Then I don't know why you thought you needed to bring this information to me," I said. His mouth fell open, shaking his head.

"You don't care?" He asked.

"No, he's alive, isn't he?" I said, shrugging.

"But he's your brother,"

"By blood only," I said, crossing my arms. Weasley glared at me.

"If you were in the hospital, he would run to your bedside no questions asked, but you don't give a rat's ass about him," He said, shaking his head at me. I signed, rubbing my head, annoyed.

"Listen, he's not my family, he's just a boy that I share blood with, I have no obligation to go and pretend we're family," I said, walking away from him, leaving him with a disappointed expression on his face. As I walked back to my spot, I thought of what Snape had told me all those years ago when I asked if I have any blood realities.

"You do have a brother, Harry Potter, the boy who lived, but he only lived for one reason. His family chose to protect him instead of you. They saved Harry Potter and left you for the death eaters in the next room, not even sparing you a second glance. So that's why I don't want you to think Potter is your family. You have everyone that ever loved you right here,"