Chapter 50 (Year 6)

River's POV

"Draco," I said, for what felt like the hundredth time this morning, alone. We walked onto to the train, he walked ahead of me, pushing people out of his way, as he looked for our compartment. 

"Draco!" I yelled, grabbing his arm and turning him around.

"What!" He snapped, glaring at me. I pulled him into an empty compartment. He stood, crossing his arms over his chest, glaring at the empty seat, as I shut the door behind me, and pulled the curtain down. 

"Draco! I told you we'd just fake breakup! Why are you so dramatic about it?" I asked.

"Dramatic! I'm being dramatic?" He yelled.

"Yes!" I hissed.

"Fine, how is it that we both became death eaters, and now you just break up with me!" He yelled. I shushed him.

"Say that any louder, Draco!" I hissed. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Listen, first my dad gets sent to Azkaban! Fucking Azkaban! Then I become a death eater, find out I have to kill Dumbledore, or you die, then you say you want to break up with me?" He said, frustrated. I signed.

"I don't want to break up with you! I just, I need to do my task and Potter won't trust me if we were still dating! He hates you. We can still be together! Just not in front of people because I can't lose you not now, cause I love you!" I hissed out, before my eyes widened and I covered my hand with my mouth. 

Did I just say I love you?

He stared at me speechless.

"I-, I mean I like you, like you're my boyfriend, I am-"

"I love you too, I wanted to say, it first but I love you too." Draco said, his anger melted away, he grinned at me.

"So, will you trust me when I say that we can't be together in public, even in front of our friends," I asked, he signed but nodded. Draco grabbed me by my waist, pulling my body against his. He leaded down, grazing his lips against mine, before slipping his tongue inside my mouth. I wrapped my hands around his neck, my hand running through his hair. His hands ran down, my back, my hips, my sides.

"We should stop, we need to see our friends," I said, pulling away, keeping him at arm's length. 

"But why?" He asked.

"Because they are probably wondering why we're not there yet," I said. 

"They don't care that much, do they?" He asked.

"Really Draco? Do you know our friends?" I asked, as I fixed my hair.

"Fine, let's just go find the others." I opened the door, and Draco walked out past me, noticing Potter, Weasley, and Granger walking past. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at Draco.

"Hi, Harry!" I said, waving at him with a big smile on my face.

"Er, Hi River?" He said, confused, before I walked away from them, and towards my friend's compartment

"Hey guys," I said, avoiding Draco and sitting between Daphne and Blaise.

"Er, hey?" Pansy said, as a little boy knocked on the door.

"Excuse but Professor Slughorn has asked to see, Blaise Zabini, and River Potter," he said. Blaise and I stood.

"What did you do, Blaise?" I asked, as we followed the boy out of our compartment.

"What? The year hasn't even started yet." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Who is Slughorn anyway?" I asked,